Aguero's successor?

it will be a sad day whenever he decides his time is up. Not many players if any could fill his boots, if there is ive not seen them. Not only a great goal scorer but a great embassador and servant. Anyway, hes still with us and i believe he has another season in him. we have been blessed with some fantastic strikers over the last 10 years, but hes the man!

Aguero came to City at a time when top South Americans were not expected to settle and stay in Manchester a la Tevez. He has proved to be a legend not just at City but in English football with his goalscoring prowess and iconic Premier League winner.

Whilst we had PabZab, London was the main attraction for predecessors like Villa and Ardilles who stayed and Tevez and Mascheranoz who stayed for a while after moving North. Manchester City is now an aspirational football club for South Americans. Previously it was Italy and Spain plus Portugal that were the preferred destinations because of visas, climate and language. Kun has helped change that perception. Remember Kaka refused us. I think his perception of City will have changed. Certainly the G14 clubs now take us seriously as they are left behind.

Jesus may well succeed Sergio but his true successor may come from anywhere. Big boots to fill. We do know that CFG also provides a global scouting network so will wait and see but we will have choice.

that post ignores an awful lot of facts stated, if you don't want him i won't argue that.

the issue is that im still undecided on him as are many others.....and after nearly 3 years that itself raises questions.....he has had a lot of chances to impress and hasnt doen that consistently....

there are a lot of postives with him however so i can see why people are keen to persist with him

Aguero came to City at a time when top South Americans were not expected to settle and stay in Manchester a la Tevez. He has proved to be a legend not just at City but in English football with his goalscoring prowess and iconic Premier League winner.

Whilst we had PabZab, London was the main attraction for predecessors like Villa and Ardilles who stayed and Tevez and Mascheranoz who stayed for a while after moving North. Manchester City is now an aspirational football club for South Americans. Previously it was Italy and Spain plus Portugal that were the preferred destinations because of visas, climate and language. Kun has helped change that perception. Remember Kaka refused us. I think his perception of City will have changed. Certainly the G14 clubs now take us seriously as they are left behind.

Jesus may well succeed Sergio but his true successor may come from anywhere. Big boots to fill. We do know that CFG also provides a global scouting network so will wait and see but we will have choice.
Tevez on living in Manchester:
"There is nothing to do in Manchester. The weather, everything. It has nothing and the problem is I'm still speaking very poor English. When I finish my contract I will not return to Manchester ever, not even on holiday. Not for anything."

Aguero on living in Manchester:
"People talk about the weather, but I’ve never been the sort of guy who likes to live in ridiculous heat: 28ºC is about as much as I can deal with. That sort of sun is unbearable! I’ve preferred the cold, and the rain helps me sleep. When I’m in bed and can hear the rain pounding on the roof or window, the noise helps me drift off to sleep. I love the Manchester rain!"

Tevez on living in Manchester:
"There is nothing to do in Manchester. The weather, everything. It has nothing and the problem is I'm still speaking very poor English. When I finish my contract I will not return to Manchester ever, not even on holiday. Not for anything."

Aguero on living in Manchester:
"People talk about the weather, but I’ve never been the sort of guy who likes to live in ridiculous heat: 28ºC is about as much as I can deal with. That sort of sun is unbearable! I’ve preferred the cold, and the rain helps me sleep. When I’m in bed and can hear the rain pounding on the roof or window, the noise helps me drift off to sleep. I love the Manchester rain!"
I love you guys !!!!
I live where the heat and humidity is really unbearable. Summers are 38 degrees C and extremely humid. And it's much worse in Louisiana. So visit the southeast of the U.S. in the winter!!
I'm moving as soon as I can. Manchester would be paradise in comparison the the hell of the south U.S.

I love you guys !!!!
I live where the heat and humidity is really unbearable. Summers are 38 degrees C and extremely humid. And it's much worse in Louisiana. So visit the southeast of the U.S. in the winter!!
I'm moving as soon as I can. Manchester would be paradise in comparison the the hell of the south U.S.

Did a summer coaching in Louisiana. It was stifling. Morning and evening sessions, afternoons were for thunderstorms. Gatorade followed Gatorade. Not an easy place to live in July and August.
Spain is similar in those months and not the heaven some British believe, It is the dark miserable days in Winter that are unacceptable in blighty

The representatives of Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez (22) met with Manchester City in London at the weekend, to discuss a possible summer move for their client. Martinez’s contract runs until 2023 and is tied down with a €111m release clause. [@FcInterNewsit]

Did a summer coaching in Louisiana. It was stifling. Morning and evening sessions, afternoons were for thunderstorms. Gatorade followed Gatorade. Not an easy place to live in July and August.
Spain is similar in those months and not the heaven some British believe, It is the dark miserable days in Winter that are unacceptable in blighty
Thanks for the info on Spain. I won't be going there anytime soon.
I've been to England and Scotland and I like the weather when compared to sweltering heat. In the summer when I go to get my mail I come back inside poring in sweat. And it's getting worse here. We currently have 30 days of the year where it's unhealthy to go outside during the summer. The scientists made a prediction that the number of days will be at 90 by 2050. Thank God I'll be dead by then.
I feel your pain of having to work in Louisiana, my hat is off to you for making it through.

I agree. The dark damp is the killer but it is easier to cope with cold than heat and humidity.

Nowdays UK pitches are no longer mudheaps, indoor facilities are amazing and players are able to easily travel for short winter breaks from places like Manchester. This is in addition to travel for club and international games. The rewards are so much higher and there are many worse places for top footballers to ply their trade.

One things is for sure, City will not be signing mbappe, not a chance in hell

I think there is a chance. He will move on from PSG. Only a handful of clubs could cope with his wages and offer him the right kind of challenge and environment. That alone puts us into a 1 in 6 type position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.