Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specially when compared to Sterling who was nothing more consistent than him in their respective times at City and had pretty much same stats. Actually, I think Leroy never had a period where he looked as average player as Sterling had last few weeks (more like 3 months).

It's seriously mind-boggling myth. Sane was delivering each week until Pep started to play hard with him because he didn't fucking track back vs Crystal Palace and even then he was delivering very often and in very important games. I love Pep to bits, but I don't care how brilliant manager he is, we were best team when Sane was one of the main parts of it. We played our best football, we were scoring more goals, more beautiful goals and nobody was close to us.

Despite the 14 wins run at the end of the last season, we were not close to the football we played before that when Sane was regular starter and some of the games in that run were, in hindsight, the start of our current problems. Not defense wise, as we played probably the best defensive football in recent years with Kompany and Laporte there and won the league with being great at the back, but in our overall football. Many 1:0 wins where we were struggling to create or finish the chances. We struggled heavily in significant parts of games against Spurs, Rags, Leicester or even Burnley. That spilled over to quite a few games this season, but this time without Kompany and Laporte at the back.

I don't think Sane will stay, but that is and will be a huge miss. Specially if Pep doesn't stay for long.
Sane was a big game player, always turned up when it mattered, the sign of a quality player.

I agree - and despite a torrid last 18 months Barca will want to recoup a large chunk of their outlay so hopefully Bayern will not have too much spare cash. They urgently need a couple of centre backs... so hopefully they’ll turn their attention away from Sane. Can’t help thinking Bayern see Sane as a cash cow - the poster boy of German football who they can use as a marketing front and generate income from. I suspect whatever happens Bayern will wait until August before making a move.

Bayern needs a right back as Kimmich likes to stay in the middle.

Bayern has the centre backs... It is just that they are both have long time injuries and are out till about May (Süle) or February (Hernandez). But Bayern's defensive problems currently are more a problem of the behavior of the whole team, not the defense alone. They'll work on them during the winter break.

Is Sane poster boy material?

The links to sancho pretty much confirm that Leroy has told the club he wants out and we aren’t hanging around getting his replacement in.

Specially when compared to Sterling who was nothing more consistent than him in their respective times at City and had pretty much same stats. Actually, I think Leroy never had a period where he looked as average player as Sterling had last few weeks (more like 3 months).

It's seriously mind-boggling myth. Sane was delivering each week until Pep started to play hard with him because he didn't fucking track back vs Crystal Palace and even then he was delivering very often and in very important games. I love Pep to bits, but I don't care how brilliant manager he is, we were best team when Sane was one of the main parts of it. We played our best football, we were scoring more goals, more beautiful goals and nobody was close to us.

Despite the 14 wins run at the end of the last season, we were not close to the football we played before that when Sane was regular starter and some of the games in that run were, in hindsight, the start of our current problems. Not defense wise, as we played probably the best defensive football in recent years with Kompany and Laporte there and won the league with being great at the back, but in our overall football. Many 1:0 wins where we were struggling to create or finish the chances. We struggled heavily in significant parts of games against Spurs, Rags, Leicester or even Burnley. That spilled over to quite a few games this season, but this time without Kompany and Laporte at the back.

I don't think Sane will stay, but that is and will be a huge miss. Specially if Pep doesn't stay for long.
This. Will always back the club and manager over an individual (to an extent, if Moyes came in and started benching Aguero, that'd be different), but really don't understand this narrative that he's any more inconsistent or moody than any other top winger. Even Mane & Salah have had inconsistent periods, as has Sterling, Bernardo, and Mahrez has never hit Sane's heights. Look at Hazard at Madrid.

Yes, we went on a great winning streak where he barely played, but he did very well against United, which was key at 0-0 half time. He played half the minutes of Mane but was like 4 away from his G&A.

Bayern needs a right back as Kimmich likes to stay in the middle.

Bayern has the centre backs... It is just that they are both have long time injuries and are out till about May (Süle) or February (Hernandez). But Bayern's defensive problems currently are more a problem of the behavior of the whole team, not the defense alone. They'll work on them during the winter break.

Is Sane poster boy material?

For top German club, he surely is. He is for us too, tbh, but he is ideal for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.