Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

If and when Arteta does move to the Arse, there's a chap at Anderlecht that may wish to improve his coaching/management credentials: Enter Vincent Kompany, "Stranger things have happened"!! ;)

So long as Pep is kept happy, I’m not bothered if he goes or not tbh, I’ll wish him well whatever he decides. none of us know how good he really is or isn’t and we’re never likely to be the team to give him the chance to find out. I also lay some of the blame for our recent form on Peps backroom staff, Peps adamant Fernandinho is a CB now, I’d like to think one of his closest allies would have told him differently by now.

It’s an odd one because going straight into the arsenal job is still quite a high profile statement but at the same time Arteta must be mad to take the job. No investment, no patience from the board or the fans and sky high expectations far exceeding the level they’re really at is a recipe for failure. I’d be more inclined to take the Everton job if I was him. lower, more realistic expectations, they’re actually willing to spend money and arguably a better squad to start with too.

Bit of a left field appointment but I'd love to see Ange Postecoglou from Yokohama come work with Pep, if he was willing to take an assistant job. He just won the title with them after they finished 12th last season.

Great opportunity for Ange to come and learn from the best, and rthen get a leg up into a big managerial position if/when the time comes.
Agree. Was drafting something earlier along similar lines but you beat me to it. His style of football is very good and I reckon he would be a great assistant and could do the job as the main man of given the opportunity. His track record (in lesser leagues) is very impressive and it is as much to do with the style of football as well as the results.

If and when Arteta does move to the Arse, there's a chap at Anderlecht that may wish to improve his coaching/management credentials: Enter Vincent Kompany, "Stranger things have happened"!! ;)

Not yet. Vinny has said he might come back to City one day but he shouldn't return so soon. He's gone home to his beloved Anderlecht and should take a couple of years there to make a good go of it, or to fail if that's what happens. The fact that they've struggled so far is reason enough for him to stay - overcoming difficulties is part of who he is, and i don't think he'd want to let them down by leaving when he's just got started.

If he goes ,he goes and good luck to him cos think he will needs it at Arsenal .As City Raider alluded to in an earlier post there should be a que a mile long to work at the Pep school of coaching, infact they should be paying us for the privilege of even being allowed in the que ! Any person who thinks they have coaching aspirations should be crawling to the Etihad right now!

We'd be stupid to offer him that when he has no experience, unless we know Pep can manage him to that level over time.

He'll be talking to them because they are offering him the chance, he'd be daft not listen, he'd also be daft to accept in my view, but I'm glad City are letting him have discussions, and in many ways that might help him decide to stay.

Thing is, Pep has done OK in previous management positions at Barcelona and Bayern without Arteta at his side and City won a bit of stuff before Arteta pitched up with Pep..

If he wants to go and it sounds like he does, I won't lose too much sleep over it..

I'd wish him well but he has zero management experience and I think with people bigging him up as the second coming, there is every chance he could end up another AVB..

We are too big a club now for everything to revolve around Arteta and to be fair, he'll know this himself..!

There are plenty of young, up and coming managers who could step into his shoes and work / learn off Pep before he moves on..

I particularly like the guy at Ajax.

He's doing it now and is further down the management line than Arteta, offer him the position..!

We'll be fine, I'm sure..!

Not yet. Vinny has said he might come back to City one day but he shouldn't return so soon. He's gone home to his beloved Anderlecht and should take a couple of years there to make a good go of it, or to fail if that's what happens. The fact that they've struggled so far is reason enough for him to stay - overcoming difficulties is part of who he is, and i don't think he'd want to let them down by leaving when he's just got started.

Yeah, I don't think he'd walk out on Anderlecht yet either. They've taken a big chance on him, and I think he'll stay for his contract or until they fire him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.