Mormon church has $100 billion in surplus donations

Outrageous and indefensible, and those evangelists with private jets. Remember that Icelandic bank collapse? No end of organisations had tens of millions stashed there that had been given with the faith that it would be spent to help people. Oxfam were one.

Similar vein, I met a girl last year who had been brought up as a Jehovah's Witness. Everything was going well until the god bit came out. Threw me completely off my sails (and she was absolutely fucking beautiful...almost made me believe a kinky god had built her from scratch as a 'special project').
Felt sorry for her such was her deep convictions with this faith (and many hints she wanted to try and extricate herself from it all). Other than that she was absolutely just like the rest of us but amazingly fit...

They definitely aren't short of money.

Goto the monstrosity church in Chorley and you'll see why.

It doesn't include copies of anything that I saw. Death, birth certificates... nothing. A lot of the stuff I was searching for had estimates of dates.
Hostility towards the Mormons shouldn't detract from just how valuable a resource the IGI is for family history. For the UK it's based on (often unique) digital surrogates of pre 1838 parish records - but don't take just my word for it see what the Society of Genealogists says.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.