Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

Good on Arteta if he gets the manager post at Arsenal. Yet... I think that taking the post is a huge mistake. Arsenal's ownership just doesn't seem to be concerned at all with winning - it's all about trying to maximize income.

As a freshman manager, likely Arteta won't have enough sway in the hiring process to stop management from making poor/ill-fitting signings.

If I were Arteta I wouldn't take the post at Arsenal - it seems a recipe for disaster.

Can we all (most) stop getting wound up about who Arteta may or may not take. The City big wigs will not be sitting there ideally waiting for us to be asset striped of all the back room staff, players and the tea lady. I believe Arteta is a man of principle and would discuss it with City, we in turn will be talking to others. the Daily star said Foden was going with him yesterday, do you think I believed it ? Mikel is not going to fuck us over, please stop reading and believing Talk Shite, Sky and the rest of the media.
taking Foden ha ha ha

I've always liked Arsenal and they've gone downhill since but they used to be a great team to watch.

They are one of those teams like Barcelona who should be playing similar football to us so he could be a good fit for them.

I'd still wait until the summer if I was him though.

I've always liked Arsenal and they've gone downhill since but they used to be a great team to watch.

They are one of those teams like Barcelona who should be playing similar football to us so he could be a good fit for them.

I'd still wait until the summer if I was him though.
There’s nothing likeable about Arsenal.

The criteria for success varies from club to club. Get into the top 6 may constitute success for Arsenal over the next 5 years or so, and a manager’s worth is judged by discussions with a club’s hierarchy and not a fan based outlook (I.e.; win the league or your sh*t). So it would be quite possible for Arteta to go Arsenal and get these top 6 places and still be a complete success.

I can't help feeling this is a minor betrayal by Arteta. I think the club hierarchy counted on this guy to take over once Pep is done. But maybe they all have a feeling that Pep will actually stay here for a few more years and thereby let Arteta use Arsenal 'as a managerial experiment' for a few years and gain experience, before coming back to us and be fully prepared to run the club once Pep is fully done.

I don't know, but I feel the club has invested alot of time in Arteta, coaching him and giving him valuable insight to Pep's football philosophy, and then Arsenal swoops in and then takes all of this knowledge.

Yeah, i guess we should all pack up now since Liverpool and yourselves will have everything sewn up for the next couple of decades? It was only a few years ago that Liverpool lost their 3 best players over a couple of years to Barcelona & yourselves, folk were saying they were still a selling club, & they've done not too badly out it. 4 years from us nearly signing Suarez from them, to them signing the Ox from us. A lot can happen in football, Leicester had just been humped 4-1 at home by Palace 10 months ago and were about 11th in the table, now they are above you guys in the league! That's the great thing about football, you think youve everything sussed out, & then every so often something comes along and gives you a nice wee surprise.

I'm not saying Arteta will be our Pep or Klopp, because those managers are 1 in a million. I'll just be happy if he gets us looking like a competent team first & foremost.

but its a gamble signing arteta, and i feel arsenal can not take that sort of gamble because your in a mess already and it needs a manager with knowledge and building a squad,i have a lot of respect to the arsenal and when your lot was in your prime you played the game in the right way just like city and pep do today

but arsenal have a bigger problem than the moaning fans on AFTV and its being left behind the others and i think its to late to fix, and it will take a bigger and better and time as manager than arteta will get at arsenal, like i said 5 or 6 clubs are in a better place then arsenal, and any improvement in arsenal will not see them over take them because your in a mess and that does not get fixed over night or in a couple of season

long term should be arsenal future, forget short term fix with a up and coming coach ? the fans want success right now and demand it because of this we are a top club in the world, but it will be 2020 in a couple of weeks and when was the last title won ?? its not a switch you can turn on or off ? in football you have your time and prime and somebody else comes along and takes over

just look at liverpool 28 years since there last title nearly 30 years, ok they have been picking up silverware and success in europe in them 30 years but its the league title they judge you on, and if liverpool can go 30 years without the title then what for arsenal ?? that is the question

He has to take it. Good luck to him

if it doesn’t work out he’s most welcome to return

Star reporting that we offered him the job when Pep leaves back in 2018. Either we changed our minds, Pep is staying longer, or he doesn’t want to wait that long. Bird in the hand and all that...
ha ha your quoting that shithole paper the Star, that'll go down well on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.