Our Best Away Kit

Lets be honest.

None of it is Manchester City.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the Hacienda, wasn’t even born when the drug den was closed.

Our away kits should be white, maroon or red and black.

And don’t get me started on purple on the home kit.

I know we live in a society where tradition counts for nothing these days but Puma should be ashamed.

People said all this about the red & black kit in the late 60’s.

‘Not Manchester City’

‘We should be wearing maroon’

New traditions are created throughout time.

Ok this is for the away kits. But anyone remember the home tri coulor socks 66/67? One season only.

These?
stoke-away-1966-to-67-action2.jpg

Lets be honest.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the Hacienda, wasn’t even born when the drug den was closed.

I know we live in a society where tradition counts for nothing these days but Puma should be ashamed.

especially when they made The Community Shield Shirt so Fucking Good

Lets be honest.

Didn't the black away shirt break our sales records when it was released? I'm with you on the traditional kits things but you can't argue with Puma on that one, they got it right. I've known of people, that don't usually care what our shirts like, comment how much they like this shirt.
Personally, I like the reference to the Hacienda, although I never went there either. Umbro also made a black kit, with a nod to the Manchester bee which I thought was a nice touch and gave the kit a bit of meaning albeit nt tradition City colours. And, of course, the St. Marks shirts were black all those years ago so it's not as if they did something really non-Manchester City, like made them something ridiculous like pink and yellow!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.