Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

Bit stupid to burn your bridges so early in your managerial career, if it's true I doubt he will be able to run back to pep.

Wouldn't necessarily blame Arteta, it's probably just further incompetence from our end. Sanllehi & Vinai come across as a bit arrogant & patronising, or perhaps they are just plain stupid.

I'm not worried to be honest. Pep and the club don't seem to be desperate to keep hold of him and if he, or Pep, thought that he was going to take over once Pep left then then he would be staying.

I'm really surprised Arsenal want him though. After the Wenger/Emery debacle you would think a safe pair of hands, like Ancelotti, would be ideal. Someone who knows the market, has won trophies and has a proven record. Arteta doesn't fit that bill one bit.

In a way, I see it that we're going to be weakening a .. 'rival'. Arteta won't be the first "number 2" to watch his boss and have ideas above his station.

pep just needs someone to vent with and to put cones on the training ground, dont worry
I don't think many are worried about losing Arteta, but the way its being done we should dig our heels in, he's contracted to City, they need permission to discuss it, they clearly haven't bothered, and Arteta could have told them to do it the right way, he doesn't appear to have done so, none of it is very clever from either Arsenal or Arteta (even if he has kept Pep in the loop), we should tell them if no deal is agreed, you can have him when his contract runs out, and tell him go for a long walk in the meantime.

Wouldn't necessarily blame Arteta, it's probably just further incompetence from our end. Sanllehi & Vinai come across as a bit arrogant & patronising, or perhaps they are just plain stupid.
Yeah good point thick as pig shit,I thought you’s would have moved quickly once ancelotti was available,think he’s still a cracking manager ...

dont like this business of these younger managers 'inexperienced wana be managers' jumping into a big club,i think its a fatal mistake its not exactly goig to good for the paper boy and Frank,the trouble is one bad job will set them back years in a managerial role, Even Arteta taking over from Pep would have been to big a jump for him IMO,start in the Championship and move on,look at Bielsa 'leeds' doing a good job,hel get them up and if he carries on he'l get touted by a bigger club,thats the way to do it

Looking at this from a different angle - it may prove to be good if Pep has to replace Arteta and Borrell - bringing new energy and re-invigorating the man himself as he is known for putting so much into a job he literally gets so run down he needs a break. Having a different dynamic to deal with may postpone this - New assistants could bring some new ideas and actually be a good thing for us in the longer term. Arteta has been good but it was obvious he would move on. It could be strangely a win win for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.