Aguero - voted 2nd top moment of the decade

Moment PMSL

Try telling any mother they were only pregnant for a moment, see what kind of response you get.

Leicester title win was remarkable, not belittling that in any way shape or form but there wasn’t a single moment during that campaign that was particularly memorable to most neutrals nevermind one that competes with Aguero. You get people from across the globe that can recite the words to the commentary of that goal, it gets played on adverts constantly that’s how iconic it is. The only particular thing I can recall about Leicester’s title win was them beating us at home and I suspect that’s mainly because I was there, Spurs bottling it and opera singers would be the next memorable thing.

Change the title to achievement of the decade and fine, it’s a deserving winner, but a 9 month long achievement is not a moment

If you want to talk about moments, rather than seasons (as in the case of Leicester), Gerrard's slip must surely be there or thereabouts: everyone can remember where they watched that. And as far as I've understood in talking to people about it since, everybody had a bloody good belly laugh about it! Especially after his “This does not slip” in the huddle at the end of their game against us. Still remember the whole of the Etihad singing “Steve Gerrard, Gerrard etc.” in the driving rain against Villa — a magic moment.

If City hadn’t won anything else it would have been different. The public is so used to seeing City dominate they discount them winning the league one time. The fact that it was for their first PL title and it edged them makes it the best moment of the century (so far) imo.

Unbelievable how Aguero's goal was voted as 2nd. Search any youtube videos titled greatest moments in football HISTORY and Aguero's 93.20 comes in top 3.

If we stick to the title, ie "Sporting MOMENT of the decade", it can only be Agueroooo, much like Michael Thomas for Arsenal v Liverpool all those years ago (revel in the scousers misery ;-) )

if it was 'achievement' then I'd happily go with Leicester winning the league.

fantastic memory, sure the game was on a Friday night for some reason?
Right at the end, sporting John Aldridge turned his back and pushed the Arsenal guy away emphasising what a bellend he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.