Juanma Lillo leaves to become Al-Sadd Head Coach

How about an exciting English coach?

GettyImages-1131875570.jpg

giphy.gif

The report Borrell is going to be promoted was something I really feared, suggesting to me that this is Pep's final season.

I said on here the other day it would not surprise me if Pep did not go and seek an immediate replacement. It wouldn't make sense for Pep or City, if the plan is indeed to walk away.

Pep nor City are not the type of people to hoodwink each other, employing someone in the knowledge a new manager would undoubtedly want to bring their own staff in.

The report Borrell is going to be promoted was something I really feared, suggesting to me that this is Pep's final season.

I said on here the other day it would not surprise me if Pep did not go and seek an immediate replacement. It wouldn't make sense for Pep or City, if the plan is indeed to walk away.

Pep nor City are not the type of people to hoodwink each other, employing someone in the knowledge a new manager would undoubtedly want to bring their own staff in.
who's your money on Poch?

Arsenal firing Freddie and then going for Arteta was predictable but not something you can plan for. Perhaps it's just an easy short term measure that retains a valued member of staff

who's your money on Poch?

Yep. City don't really have a firm succession plan in place, by that I mean, Pep can obviously stay for as long as he wants, as far as Khaldoon is concerned.

However, they really do like Pochettino, who knows this also. It would not surprise me if City have paid him a significant retainer sum to not commit to another job until next summer.

It is becoming more and more common place. United paid Mourinho £4m to wait it out until they could sack van Gaal at the end of that season.

Nice money, as he could keep it if United went elsewhere or kept Van Gaal.

My own view is that many have fallen into the thinking that it has to be someone who will essentially be a carbon copy of Guardiola's vision for football?

I don't see it that way. Pep is a one-off for a reason. We have to think about who can continue to give us success, coupled with a decent tactical set-up.

Pochettino and Rodgers are the only two managers I would trust at this present time.

Pep is my guy, love him to bits, we will never see his like again. We must avoid the trap United and Arsenal allowed to happen, however, letting two men become bigger than their actual club, regardless of their fans claiming otherwise.

Or maybe hes just doing what hes always done?

Torrent left and Arteta got promoted.
Arteta leaves and Borrell gets promoted.

Why do you think Pep has the time to go sound out new people to come in to the team mid season?

People like Xavi, Kompany etc. Might become available at the end of the season, but very few people youd want are just sitting around waiting for a call mid season.

Arsenal firing Freddie and then going for Arteta was predictable but not something you can plan for. Perhaps it's just an easy short term measure that retains a valued member of staff

He was already in the fold, regardless - announcing a promotion for Borrell would also serve the objective of ending speculation over the No.2 position, letting Pep carry on as normal for the rest of the season.

If that is indeed the objective, obviously.

As you say, it's an easy short-term measure. Perhaps mutually convenient for everyone.

As an aside, does anybody really believe Pep would stay beyond next summer if we were to win the Champions League?

Whichever way people would want to slice it, Pep isn't wedded to us and his whole ethos is about living new experiences and cultures.

Yep. City don't really have a firm succession plan in place, by that I mean, Pep can obviously stay for as long as he wants, as far as Khaldoon is concerned.

However, they really do like Pochettino, who knows this also. It would not surprise me if City have paid him a significant retainer sum to not commit to another job until next summer.

It is becoming more and more common place. United paid Mourinho £4m to wait it out until they could sack van Gaal at the end of that season.

Nice money, as he could keep it if United went elsewhere or kept Van Gaal.

My own view is that many have fallen into the thinking that it has to be someone who will essentially be a carbon copy of Guardiola's vision for football?

I don't see it that way. Pep is a one-off for a reason. We have to think about who can continue to give us success, coupled with a decent tactical set-up.

Pochettino and Rodgers are the only two managers I would trust at this present time.

Pep is my guy, love him to bits, we will never see his like again. We must avoid the trap United and Arsenal allowed to happen, however, letting two men become bigger than their actual club, regardless of their fans claiming otherwise.

Going the Argie route hasn't worked out too bad in the past! he can bring Lautaro with him.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.