MCFC U-18's

The U-18 Youth Cup match with Swansea today is available on the Man City TV App. 5pm kick off

Strong lineup:

Trafford
Egan-Riley
McDonald
Burns
WIlson-Esbrand
Doyle
Braaf
Fiorini
Knight
Palmer
Rogers

Last edited:
Really liking the midfield trio of Doyle, Fiorini and Palmer. None of them are really defensive midfielders but box-to-box enough for me with Palmer better going forward.

Rogers and Knight need to pick it up more, neither been really that impressive from what I've seen and heard, but still young, hopefully next season they can tear up U23s.

Braaf is the top talent. Could have had multiple assists in the youth cup game today if his team mates could finish better, and he was defo robbed a class potential goal.

Really liking the midfield trio of Doyle, Fiorini and Palmer. None of them are really defensive midfielders but box-to-box enough for me with Palmer better going forward.

Rogers and Knight need to pick it up more, neither been really that impressive from what I've seen and heard, but still young, hopefully next season they can tear up U23s.

Braaf is the top talent. Could have had multiple assists in the youth cup game today if his team mates could finish better, and he was defo robbed a class potential goal.
Up until Doyle scored his free kick I was a tad disappointed in the performance. We dominated the game , as we should , but were somehow a little laboured in the aproach and not creating that much. Having seen plenty of 18's games this season this just seemed a slightly different with 5 or 6 lads playing who don't normally feature ( all who play EDS).

Doyle did stand out with his drive and determination, defensively we looked in control with Swansea hardly mounting meaningful attacks but the penetration was lacking. Braaf exploded a couple of times and one of his crosses could easily have been a goal for Rogers but he couldn't keep his shot low enough ( similar to KDB's first goal v Arsenal). And of course Braaf exploded again when he scored. Not bad for a right footed player to hit that shot so well but he loves doing it.

Having said Swansea didn't really attack they did put the ball in the net twice but were given offside. They probably were both time but the first one was very tight.

Add Hodge, Delap and possibly even Harwood-Bellis to that team and it looks ridiculously strong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.