Last Film You Saw

The new Star Wars. Much better than the Last Jedi but I think it'll benefit them much more no longer relying on old plot and characters to carry them through.

7/10.

I’m just watching Rogue One again.

It’s such a good film and for a Star Wars nerd, it only adds a positive step to the saga, unlike any other prequel or sequel since the original trio of films.

It’s the only one since Return of the Jedi that feels like a proper Star Wars film.

Star wars IX. You can tell Disney and Lucas Film know they fucked up massively with The Last Jedi because a lot of this film is trying to right the wrongs of the previous one. I thought it was entertaining enough, although the humour still falls flat for the most part and the dialogue/acting is a bit cringe. Definitely better than The Last Jedi.

6/10

Just seen Star Wars XI. I really enjoyed it. Of course it is full of Star Wars cliches and the dialogue and acting don't always convince but overall it cracks along at a good pace and doesn't feel like a long film. The ending is predictable but satisfying.

I’m just watching Rogue One again.

It’s such a good film and for a Star Wars nerd, it only adds a positive step to the saga, unlike any other prequel or sequel since the original trio of films.

It’s the only one since Return of the Jedi that feels like a proper Star Wars film.

I agree about Rogue One and other than A New Hope it’s my favorite of the 11.

Just got in from IX and the plot skips about quite a bit — so fast you barely understand what happened before you’re on to the next thing — but I enjoyed it. I always liked the four new major characters; some of the new minor characters are pointless. Pretty good light saber battle. Like the Kylo Ren and Rey dynamic.

I agree about Rogue One and other than A New Hope it’s my favorite of the 11.

Just got in from IX and the plot skips about quite a bit — so fast you barely understand what happened before you’re on to the next thing — but I enjoyed it. I always liked the four new major characters; some of the new minor characters are pointless. Pretty good light saber battle. Like the Kylo Ren and Rey dynamic.

I haven’t seen it yet, the Mrs has suggested we go into Manchester or Stockport to watch tomorrow.

I think my preference is Empire, New Hope, Rogue One, Return of the Jedi.

In that order and the rest aren’t worth bothering with.

I haven’t seen it yet, the Mrs has suggested we go into Manchester or Stockport to watch tomorrow.

I think my preference is Empire, New Hope, Rogue One, Return of the Jedi.

In that order and the rest aren’t worth bothering with.

I liked 7 okay even if it was derivative, not 1-3 (especially 2). I always liked 4 best because it was original, messy and off-the-cuff. As soon as they slipped into "sci-fi talk" the whole franchise went downhill. Never quite saw 5 as being as good as 4. Liked 6 a lot up til the goddamn Ewoks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.