Another BBC poll.... Most Iconic player over the decade (6 Blues in there)

BBC mis-labelling articles again? They need to better explain what they mean by iconic as how can a person routinely mocked for being bland and boring be considered in any way iconic?

From the city players, it’s very tough. silva is the greatest but not sure he fits into the iconic category so I’d rule him out.

Sergio has 93.20, the most iconic moment in football despite what the bbc say, so that sets a high bar to beat.

Yaya was incredibly iconic, there’s nobody like him, his physical frame, his marauding full pitch runs were unrivalled, his unstoppable freekicks, his trophy winning goals, as a unique player he’s unbeatable.

I would have added Tevez and Balotelli in there too, both incredibly memorable perhaps moreso for off the pitch activities but it goes back to how you’re defining iconic. nobody will ever forget the poster that almost put Fergie into an early grave, followed by the rip Fergie sign on the parade. And likewise balotelli’s why always me, his wink that single handedly wound up the entire United team and all his other antics.

Had to go for Kompany in the end, he’s got his own memorable moments, the United and Leicester goals being the obvious ones but he’s also been the leader throughout all those moments created by other players. Every fan of other teams throughout the decade have al used Kompany as an example at some point or other, they all craved a captain like him, even when he wasn’t on the pitch for months at a time they still wished they had him and that says it all.

0_v2-mario-balotelli-why-always-me1.jpg.cf.jpg

Sergio has been voted player of the decade! Well done Sergio. Worth it for the Aguerrrrooooooooo moment alone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.