Everton Thread 2019/20

Big name and a coup but does he fit? He’s always struck me as one to manage teams with star players under performing, keep their ego’s in check, keep everybody happy and get the best from the talent they have rather than somebody to build a team to gradually get better and establish themselves as a top side as I suspect Everton want. Unless they plan to go balls deep huge in the transfer market this summer to give him a shot at something I don’t see the idea behind it.

Big name and a coup but does he fit? He’s always struck me as one to manage teams with star players under performing, keep their ego’s in check, keep everybody happy and get the best from the talent they have rather than somebody to build a team to gradually get better and establish themselves as a top side as I suspect Everton want. Unless they plan to go balls deep huge in the transfer market this summer to give him a shot at something I don’t see the idea behind it.

I was reading Martin Samuel the other day and whilst his previous experience is as you suggest Everton have been down the road of hiring managers who have appeared ready to step up like Moyes, Martinez, Koeman and Silva and it hasn’t really worked, particularly in recent years

He will bring experience and also the name will attract a better standard of player if Everton are willing to put their hand in their pocket

Brilliant Appointment ,

Hope he does well and puts a few over on Klopp!

good luck to the toffees hopefully he can get you back competing !

I think he will bring a new outlook and approach to the management side at goodison. Hopefully his experience at the top level will rub off on some of the board. A positive move and appointment, still has to upgrade the team but I would imagine he called the shots when interviewed. Every appointment will carry risks but he will raise the profile of the club in Europe and globally. He was arguably the best man available.

Last edited:
I think he will bring a new outlook and approach to the management side at goodison. Hopefully his experience at the top level will rub off on some of the board. A positive move and appointment, still has to upgrade the team but I would imagine he called the shots when interviewed. Every appointment will carry risks but he will raise the profile of the club in Europe and globally. He was arguably the best man available.

Like you said, he was arguably the best available and I think he is a great appointment for Everton.

Give him some time and he should make a real imprint on the team, definitely should raise your profile and attract a better standard of player in your team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.