Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

I don't know if I watched a different game to most today but I thought we looked ripe for the taking up until they scored, they were man to man in midfield and didn't look in any danger. The little tactical change of moving Sterling inside as a second #10 alongside KDB and Mendy bombing forward won us the game, Sterling didn't have the best game but he created space for KDB to destroy them because Ndidi didn't know who to pick up.

Mahrez had his best game for us but I'm just meh about him, I just genuinely don't get him. To me it's the Mahrez show, he's not a team player at all.

Really happy for Jesus to get a goal at home too, a true poachers goal as well makes it all the better. He has to be first choice, he offers so much more than Aguero these days with the energy and ability to press. He's never going to be as clinical as Aguero, but who is. We could spend £300m on a striker and still not get anyone like Aguero.

Mmmmmmm - not really consistent to say we couldn't replace Aguero for £300m, but you say Jesus should be 1st choice. I think you did watch a different game - to me anyway.
We slaughtered Leicester today. You're very negative, considering that was imho our best, and most thrilling performance of the season against the strongest team, apart from Liverpool.
Damning Mahrez with faint praise after he puts in probably his best performance is a bit mystifying to me.
Have a rethink in the morning and post again if or when you're in a better mood.

Fantastic today. High press, energy and quick passing. When we play like that we are unstoppable.

The atmosphere was prettt good as well. Very boisterous at times

I don't know if I watched a different game to most today but I thought we looked ripe for the taking up until they scored, they were man to man in midfield and didn't look in any danger. The little tactical change of moving Sterling inside as a second #10 alongside KDB and Mendy bombing forward won us the game, Sterling didn't have the best game but he created space for KDB to destroy them because Ndidi didn't know who to pick up.

Mahrez had his best game for us but I'm just meh about him, I just genuinely don't get him. To me it's the Mahrez show, he's not a team player at all.

Really happy for Jesus to get a goal at home too, a true poachers goal as well makes it all the better. He has to be first choice, he offers so much more than Aguero these days with the energy and ability to press. He's never going to be as clinical as Aguero, but who is. We could spend £300m on a striker and still not get anyone like Aguero.

Thought we played them off the park , remember this is a Leicester side who have lost only twice and only to dodgy penalties against the Dippers and Rags.

We were good today, made a decent team look average, always in control, should of had 6,we ain't catching Liverpool, but a trip or 2 to Wembley and a reminder of who we are to the haters will do. Up the Blues. We can't win everything every year!

Big Mal compared CB to a racing greyhound, could have been a world-class miler, the game was more brutal, the pitches heavy and bumpy, he would surely be even better nowadays. KdB IS what what CB would be like if he was playing today in my humble opinion, having seen them both from their debut. They both had/have little respect for bad decisions from the ref/linos.....
Tremendous effort by the lads today, the wheels firmly back on and the tempo up to 11
We’re probably from the same era. I grew up in the Mercer/Allison years and saw Colin Bell at his absolute best. For 40 plus years I hung onto the belief that he was the best player to wear a City shirt then I conceded his crown to Merlin with the caveat that I think KDB will eventually take over.

KDB is the closest player I have ever seen to Colin. Colin Bell was such a great player he would have thrived in any era. If he was playing in today’s era he would be one of the top half dozen players in the world - he really was that good. It was a tragedy that injury ruined his career.

Thought we played them off the park , remember this is a Leicester side who have lost only twice and only to dodgy penalties against the Dippers and Rags.
Just seen the interview with Brendan Rogers who admitted they were given a lesson today. I think that says everything about how good we were.

As many others have said we played very well against a good team. KDB MOTM for me, Mahrez played well although for me he is a bit greedy, delighted for Jesus and his goal. Mendy is staring to look like the player we intended to buy ... it can’t be easy playing after such a long time off and hoping that your knee doesn’t let you down. Let’s hope we put in this type of performance for the rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.