Leicester (H) Post-Match Thread

I don't know if I watched a different game to most today but I thought we looked ripe for the taking up until they scored, they were man to man in midfield and didn't look in any danger. The little tactical change of moving Sterling inside as a second #10 alongside KDB and Mendy bombing forward won us the game, Sterling didn't have the best game but he created space for KDB to destroy them because Ndidi didn't know who to pick up.

Mahrez had his best game for us but I'm just meh about him, I just genuinely don't get him. To me it's the Mahrez show, he's not a team player at all.

Really happy for Jesus to get a goal at home too, a true poachers goal as well makes it all the better. He has to be first choice, he offers so much more than Aguero these days with the energy and ability to press. He's never going to be as clinical as Aguero, but who is. We could spend £300m on a striker and still not get anyone like Aguero.

Yes you did watch a different game! We had all the game before the first goal!

Just seen the interview with Brendan Rogers who admitted they were given a lesson today. I think that says everything about how good we were.

Dont mind Rogers , he's honest in his assesment and rarely blames officials etc., plays the game the right way , when Pep hangs up his baton we could do a lot worse than the Irish fella.

So many positives
Mahrez starting to show his ability
KDB bossing it - best midfielder in world
Beat quality team without relying on Rodri
Tactics on point

only disappointment for me was sterling, didn’t rely on instinct today and slowed the ball down so many times.

Nevertheless, Aguero back and looks like we have some good options... Defo opportunity with departure of Arteta.

I know it requires a miracle but will be interesting if we maintain and victims drop points in next 2 months - here’s hoping!!

Big Mal compared CB to a racing greyhound, could have been a world-class miler, the game was more brutal, the pitches heavy and bumpy, he would surely be even better nowadays. KdB IS what what CB would be like if he was playing today ...

Yes, the difference in pitches etc makes comparisons from 50 years ago kind of pointless, of course both are excellent footballers, but if I had to take just one of Bell or DeBruyne or Silva it would still be Colin Bell, though it might be partly nostalgia for my bygone days talking here.

I thought that was a really good game which, despite our clear superiority, was a bit in the balance until we scored the third goal. Thoroughly deserved the win and, but for Schmeichel, could have had at least a couple more goals. We made the Leicester midfield - which has performed very impressively so far this season - look pedestrian and ordinary. Individually and collectively we were on it today. More of the same against Wolves, please, lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.