We are the best team in the league...

Undoubtedly we’re the best, not the most consistent thus far this season but certainly the best.

I’ve had a night to sleep on yesterday’s game and I’m still buzzing about it. Perhaps I’m exaggerating slightly but for me that was one of the best performances by a City team i can remember in terms of how we played. Not the biggest occasion or the toughest opponents but Leicester are currently a good enough team to give anyone a problem and we absolutely tore them to shreds in a way that nobody has done to them since Rogers arrived - it could’ve been 6 or 7. Move after move we hit em with sharp precise first time passes, our wingers were electric, our midfield dominated, Jesus hassled their centre halfs to distraction, Kev was unplayable

I didn’t see the original but is it sacrilege to say that was a modern day ballet on ice ?

Last edited:
Hopefully the dippers pick up more injuries, Fabinho & Ox both out now. We could do with a few others just to see how they cope.

When we play like yesterday we are. We just don’t do it often enough this season and that’s why we are so far behind. Plus they have had an exceptional start.

Undoubtedly we’re the best, not the most consistent thus far this season but certainly the best.

I’ve had a night to sleep on yesterday’s game and I’m still buzzing about it. Perhaps I’m exaggerating slightly but for me that was one of the best performances by a City team i can remember in terms of how we played. Not the biggest occasion or the toughest opponents but Leicester are currently a good enough team to give anyone a problem and we absolutely tore them to shreds in a way that nobody has done to them since Rogers arrived - it could’ve been 6 or 7. Move after move we hit em with sharp precise first time passes, our wingers were electric, our midfield dominated, Jesus hassled their centre half’s to distraction, Kev was unplayable

I didn’t see the original but is it sacrilege to say that was a modern day ballet on ice ?
Without the ice :+)

Pointless thread.
We’re 11 points behind the dippers and they’ve got a game in hand. They also beat us. We’ve been at the shitty end of a few decisions but we didn’t deserve to win all the games we lost. If the decisions had balanced out we’d still be well behind. Injuries have fucked us over more than VAR.
We might have had the best one off performance but that means jack shit over a season. It pains me to say that the best team are the ones at the top.
the only game we didn't deserve to lose was the dipper game, fair officiating and we would have won easily, kind of reinforcing the OP's point

Let's try an be optimistic. I know they're not dropping points at the moment but over the next month they have some difficult game.

Leicester (A)
Spurs (A)
United (H)
Wolves (A)

I can see us cutting the gap by over half in that time and by this time next month have them down to 4 points. They'll have a game in hand albeit but if for any reason they do start dropping a few points, they could start twitching massively

so you're expecting a side who haven't lost in the league since Jesus was a lad to lose 2 of their next 4 games AT LEAST? or to fail to win any of them? I think you need to have a quiet word with yourself

Something to think about. Peps right hand man in our 100 season was Domonec(sp) and we played everyone off the park. He went on to NYCFC last season and Mikel took over and even though we still won the league it was a very, very close run thing and, let's face it, we didn't play as well. This year we have carried on where we left of last season and with injuries we are struggling. Mikel has now left and we looked a different team yesterday. More like champions.

I also noticed we have set up differently as well. Almost like 2 at the back with Mendy, Berni, Gundog and Kyle sat in front. This looks to have strengthened our defence. Apart from Vardy yesterday Leicester really didn't look to much of a threat.

so you're expecting a side who haven't lost in the league since Jesus was a lad to lose 2 of their next 4 games AT LEAST? or to fail to win any of them? I think you need to have a quiet word with yourself
THey could quite easily draw all them games, and drop 8 pts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.