Will KDB win player of the year?

If KDB can keep this up for the rest of the year (he's very capable of doing so - an unfortunate injury, though, might occur) - then he's very much in line for the Ballon D'or - and very deserving of the award should his form continue.

Should be VVD or Mane on season to date.

KDB has in the last 2-3 weeks gone up a level.

Not been as impressed with VVD this year , esp playing the high line but Mane has really stepped up and at key moments so would be a worthy winner.

But for me KDB is the leagues standout player and although he has peaked these last few weeks he has been fantastic throughout.

Player of the year, as in 2019!
Not a chance as he missed pretty much Jan - end April
Player of the season, 2019/20?
Only if we win the CL and both domestic cups
You'll hear the argument though "yeah but a league title is harder than a cup competition" like we've been saying for the last 2 years, so it'll be Dick Van Dyke or Salah because they're poster boys. Always been the case.

Judging from the past decade, the rule is:

- if City win the title, then someone from the team finishing 2nd or 3rd wins it, because it's about individuals not teams,

- if a team other than City win the title, then one of their players wins it (of course, because you'd have to be daft to look further than the Champions ?)

With the extra proviso that if you can think of any possible rationale for giving it to a Liverpool or United player, then you have a duty to football.

Player of the year, as in 2019!
Not a chance as he missed pretty much Jan - end April
Player of the season, 2019/20?
Only if we win the CL and both domestic cups

If there is a single Dipper capable of standing on both feet by the end of the season then KdB will be found to have an 'issue' that would prevent his installation as PotY! Ten fucking years and David Silva ne'er made TotS! Same thing awaits Kevin!

He should have won it in the season the team won the league by 100 points and scoring 100 goals. I'm biased but that pass against Stoke to Leroy Sane was one of the best passes I've ever seen and was worth the award alone. Alas, Salah won it; scoring a lot of goals for a team that finished 26 points behind City. It's been obvious for a long time that we do not live in meritocracy; it's not what you know, its who you know.

No chance for kdb . But on the positive side I think wilder could get manager of the year if the blades carry on like they are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.