Gary Neville

I'm glad you find it funny.

For every stat you throw out there will be another that counters it.

Don't ask me to find them, because I really can't be arsed with you.

It's a situation that is once again being blown totally out of proportion, and that is where I stand with it.

That's a shame because I really would like to be proven wrong mate with those counter facts. Genuinely.

If you or anyone else can find the time or wherewithal to hit me with the counter facts I'll gladly digest them and accept them if right.

I do think I'd be waiting a while though because statistics to show racism falling in society or at football don't exist.

Your stance is your stance but don't form it on opinion. I'm trying to shead some light on an issue people are dismissing. If you can be arsed, look at the link I sent earlier in the thread, it might change you mind.

If not no worries, keep the blinkers on.

"Part of the rise in discrimination is down to identity politics, the rise of extremism, and the polarisation of society.

"And you combine that with things like automation, income inequality, people feeling they are left out or not heard.

"All of these factors seem to combine to create a toxic environment and that's exacerbated by the tone of the political discourse. It's much more extreme that it has been probably for 30, 40 years."

Footballers are facing a spike in racist abuse on and off the pitch, according to campaign group Kick It Out.

The number of racist incidents in football is expected to rise again this season, the group told Sky News.

Racism remains the most common form of discrimination in professional and grassroots football and this season has already seen high-profile incidents.

https://news.sky.com/story/racist-incidents-in-football-on-the-rise-say-campaigners-11891620

27.8 Million fans at games last season (PL/EFL) with 422 reports of racism and that includes grass roots football whose attendances are not counted in.

I will leave it to the statistical experts to work that out.

422 too many before someone tries to call me a fucking racist once again!

I just find it bizarre that anyone’s response to this incident would be to criticise Neville rather than condemn the perpetrator.

I think it goes without saying everyone wants the perpetrator strung up by his bollox. Does anyone know if he has been caught? Surely in that stadium the cctv will pick him out. He will be banned, get a criminal record and lose his job.

Must be totally ignorant.

27.8 Million fans at games last season (PL/EFL) with 422 reports of racism and that includes grass roots football whose attendances are not counted in.

I will leave it to the statistical experts to work that out.

422 too many before someone tries to call me a fucking racist once again!

Growing numbers with a continuing trend. Things will get much worse before they get better, which will likely be many years off now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.