#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was better yesterday, much more lively than of late and was playing in a different position half the game.

He was more central but the downside to that was that he was taking too many touches at times or his first touch was poor meaning his second touch was the one that controlled the ball and in central positions you can’t afford that, at the top level.

But better! Hopefully he gets back into the swing of his best soon.

I know this is a horrendous oxy moron, but goals aside I think he’s been awful lately, and getting worse as each game goes by. Wasteful with every dribble, never beats his man on the left wing and never utilises his pace to outrun a defender.

Anyone know the split on how many won at Liverpool versus City?

Does any site carry stats like that?

A truly wonderful player who just lacks that natural (and possibly unattainable?) instinct required to step up to the very highest level. He often hesitates when he should just react. But even so, even without that, he's one of the best players in the world, and good management will make sure he stays at that level.
We are very lucky to have him.

Sterling has made the step up to world class.. yet... if Ribery or Robben had the ball in similar positions.. well, to be honest, i'd think a goal would result more often.

Streling has improved leaps and bounds... but has room for further improvement. Under Pep's guidance he'll likely make that next step.

Sterling has made the step up to world class.. yet... if Ribery or Robben had the ball in similar positions.. well, to be honest, i'd think a goal would result more often.

Streling has improved leaps and bounds... but has room for further improvement. Under Pep's guidance he'll likely make that next step.
He has world class stats but I don’t think he’s a world class player just yet.

de Bruyne is world class. Ederson is world class. Fernandinho, David Silva and Agüero have been world class (Kun maybe still is). But Sterling has to keep improving to be world class yet.

Thought his movement and touch were brilliant v lester. Pep tweaking tactics in the last few games has meant teams have found it difficult to set up against us.

He has world class stats but I don’t think he’s a world class player just yet.

de Bruyne is world class. Ederson is world class. Fernandinho, David Silva and Agüero have been world class (Kun maybe still is). But Sterling has to keep improving to be world class yet.
I think you are right. He still has too many mistouches, mistakes and missed chances. He is an excellent player but world class. Not quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.