Gary Neville

A player was apparently racially abused today, and you post this:
“They don't help themselves, black or white, and play up to the crowds, entice them.”
It’s a really fucking weird take on what happened.

Why are you relating it to racism?

I get the conversation tonight has gone down that path, that's why I said it's potentially a different debate altogether, which you've not included in those quoted words. You've took a snipet to suit your argument and ignored other parts.

I'll say it for the last time.

Players aid toxic atmosphere in football stadiums. That does NOT excuse racist reactions as a part of that atmosphere.

I used black and white only to emphasize that race has no bearing on the point I was making.

Thats no way to talk about your forum host Ric is it? Show some respect snowflakes.

I'm well aware of who Ric is, I've been posting on here for a number of years.

That's ultimately irrelevant. I disagree with his point of view, and think he has misconstrued what I was saying.

Are you saying because he runs these pages that I can't challenge him?

Toxic atmospheres are caused by fans who can’t control themselves and overreact. Any fan with self control won’t create a toxic atmosphere that could have serious consequences just because a player is holding the ball for longer than they’d like.

Myself, and plenty in 131, would disagree.

Have you never got angry?

The modern footballer boils my blood and when they start fucking about rolling around and time wasting I let them know about it. There are choice words. Flicks of the vs. I make no apology for that.

That's ultimately irrelevant. I disagree with his point of view, and think he has misconstrued what I was saying.

Too many syllables for me in that question. Sorry.

I get the conversation tonight has gone down that path, that's why I said it's potentially a different debate altogether, which you've not included in those quoted words. You've took a snipet to suit your argument and ignored other parts.

Players aid toxic atmosphere in football stadiums. That does NOT excuse racist reactions as a part of that atmosphere.

I used black and white only to emphasize that race has no bearing on the point I was making.
Reframing and back-peddling. Nice.

I’m relating it to racism because you threw it smack bang into the middle of a discussion about racism. I think it’s fairly transparent to most.

You can, of course, but be prepared for a ban.

I’m relating it to racism because you threw it smack bang into the middle of a discussion about racism. I think it’s fairly transparent to most.

So the timing was off.

That doesn't mean I'm an apologist.

It doesn't mean it's whataboutery

What you're saying, is that because I've landed it in the middle of a race debate, you had pre conceived your opinion based on that?

The point I was making had and has nothing to do with racism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.