Gary Neville

No! What people are getting pissed off with is being called racist for just breathing, Neville generalised because of his political persuasion, he's upset maybe slightly bitter. As soon as a discussion is to be had just like the trans discussion then opinions are shut down by the liberals who want a free run to exersize their agenda, whatever that may be.

Neville reckons BOJO is to blame for racism, I reckon he's a bellend.
Didums...

Anyone thinking that what happened yesterday was an 'isolated' incident is not living in the real world or doesn't understand what is going on. Why do you think Brexit happened? I live in one of the most Brexit areas in the UK. I constantly pick people up on their racist behaviour; last week an old lady was walking along a path and had to step aside to allow a group of young guys past and afterwards called them out for not foreign louts for not moving for her. I informed her that there were plenty of "English' guys who would have done the same. Guy in the local library said he needed a passport to get into 'his' library to which I informed him that the library wasn't 'his' it was everyone's. These are all 'racist' jibes which go on all the time. Couple of years ago a young girl, 13, told me that we should send all foreigners home; this young lad's grandfather was Lithuanian!!

My point is, it's not just football and it's time people stopped and looked around them and really listen to what is being said around them. It is being increasingly acceptable to make racist remarks about people who are perceived to be 'foreigners'. Indeed a lot of people don't even realise they are being racist by making these remarks.

There you go using bullet marks trying to prove something that doesn't exist, ignoring the facts and trying to spin a false narrative out of what has happened not just over a few days but what is the conclusion of rants by Neville since before the election. You still haven't proved

• That there is an epidemic of racism that needs immediate attention
  • That Neville was talking out of his tree
  • That he wasn't just hurt because his side lost
  • That insinuating that Johnson fuelled racism is true considering there is no epidemic
If Neville wanted to go into politics he should go into politics instead of using his platform to spout nonsense, it's one of the reasons Labour lost the election what with millionaires speaking out of turn and getting it wrong. What I find hilarious here is the hyperbole and false horror over what in reality is a tiny tiny incident base of offences, this is as political as it gets it's almost Islington bubble-worthy.
  • Give
  • Up
  • Mate.
  • You
  • Are
  • Just
  • Showing
  • Yourself
  • Up
  • As
  • A
  • Knob!

If Neville is so keen on politics he should give up punditry to be the candidate to fight for the marginal seat of Bury North. He has plenty of money to keep him going and he would still get plenty of opportunity to hear the sound of his own voice.

We would all find it relatively easy then to avoid him and his views on anything and everything which is becoming increasingly difficult.

We haven't got an epidemic of racism we've got an epidemic of Tory hating luvvies who are sore about the election. Racists get banned and charged by the police if needed, neville has said that more needs to happen to them? like what? Whilst the world and his Dog celebrates Stormzy the violent homophobic racist, I and my fellow fas get lumbered with the tag casual racist by a media millionaire and millionaires like him.

Bojo isn't a racist and I am not worried the epidemic of racists are coming to get me.

"What a relief it must be for Blair to get out of England. It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies,"......"watermelon smiles".

“turns up … looking like a bank robber”.

“It is absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letter boxes"

Boris Johnson

“What starts as useful targets for ‘colourful political language’ and the odd bit of toxic campaigning ends up in attacks on our streets.”

Sayeeda Warsi

The PFA said: "We are disgusted and dismayed that once again, a Premier League fixture has been tainted by abuse from the stands towards players.

"It has become clear that football players are on the receiving end of the blatant racism that is currently rife in the UK, but they are not alone."

Last edited:
Seem to be some cherry picking of statements going on, picking the lines that suit the argument (there's a thread further up criticising various media outlets for the same thing) plus the usual and often deserved "Neville bating". I managed to read a transcript of what was said using an online link and Neville was equally condemning of politicians of whatever political persuasion they are, rightly pointing out their poor records. Where he didn't stray was towards newspapers and other media outlets, stopped by Jones most likely, who are basically two faced when it comes to racism.

Hard to see much wrong with what Neville said. My only comment would be that I think he's wrong about players coming off - that shouldn't be their call to make (someone else should be taking that responsibility) and doesn't allow for a nuanced punishment. Absolutely have a zero tolerance approach but you can't have just one nuclear response to it. If one muppet is getting mouthy calling the players off the pitch is giving them too much influence on the game.

And there it is.

So now you have a 'stat' that is showing its actually a very minor issue, you are now looking at what is 'fueling it'.

So tell me, who's basing their argument on opinion now?
My very first post in this thread was about societal issues. Stop conflating the issue and read posts properly mate.

We aren't going to agree clearly.

This thread has been somewhat side tracked. My stance on Neville is this. He is an obnoxious greedy gobshite. If he feels so strongly about racism as he is trying to make out he should now resign from Sky as they have clearly failed to back him. Their comments that he was speaking as an individual and not for Sky clearly undermines his position so, Neville is it just soap box politics or do you genuinely believe what you said ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.