Gary Neville

To fix any problem, you first have to realise there is one. Unfortunately, few people here don't think there is a problem, so if they'd be in charge, there would be no fixing.

To fix any problem, you first have to realise there is one. Unfortunately, few people here don't think there is a problem, so if they'd be in charge, there would be no fixing.

Far bigger problem is the lack of openly gay men in football. Neville and the PFA don't seem to be making any noises about that.

Is it as big a problem as people are making out? Like fuck it is.

As I said previously - you need to live in the real world. How many times have you heard people say they have been racially abused. It is nearly every day. Even on here people quote ‘journalists’ for calling our owners ‘arab’, the minute you used someone’s race or colour as a term of disrespect then you are being racist. Sad that you can’t see that.

If our government doesn’t have any standards- how can wider society ?

Stop turning this thread into an Off Topic Political discussion. A very well known and well respected Labour MP has been claiming £30,000 a year in wages for a 79 year old woman who supposedly worked for him. He was also claiming £1,000 a month for rent he paid to her, mind you he had Power of Attorney over her account and therefore access to the £1,000. They are all bent stop making it Party political.

I, at no stage have said in this thread that there is an epidemic of racism. That is something that you introduced when replying to me. I've not stated anywhere that there is a racism epidemic, these are your words, again constructing another strawman. As I stated above I think arguing about an epidemic of racism is semantic. For the record, I will state that I believe that any racism is too much. Therefore whether it be the smallest amount or an "epidemic" it is too much. Why does the fact that you feel it is not an epidemic matter at all unless you believe that there is somehow a tolerable level of racism that is acceptable?

With regards to your bullet points

I'm sorry but the burden of proof is not on me to prove this as I never stated this to begin with. You introduced the "racism epidemic" to the discussion. You're arguing with yourself.

Why would I need to prove this? I don't think he was talking out of his tree. I have stated that what he said was balanced and reasonable. He didn't take sides, it said it was a problem with both sides of politics, and sadly with the example set at the top it therefore filtered down to society in general.

This is your insinuation, and not based on anything that he has directly said. This is an example, which I have shown, of you inserting your world view into the narrative. An act which you admonish others doing.

Read back what Neville said. He didn't single out Johnson. He was balanced in his criticism of both sides of politics. As I've said above, why does the crux of whether you don't think there is an epidemic matter - when any level of racism is not acceptable?

Are you a politician? Have you gone into politics yourself? If the answer is no to both questions, why are you commenting on this as clearly, like Neville, you shouldn't be "spouting nonsense"? Neville was commenting on a racist incident in a game he was a paid pundit for. Why shouldn't he comment on it? As racism is a complex and societal wide issue why shouldn't he be able to comment on the wider scope of its impact or causes? Whether you like it or not, political issues are not divorced from football. Look at Ozils stance on China, the stick we get as a club based on our owners, Gundogans photo ops with Erdogan, and Sterling speaking out on racism.

You state you find it "hilarious" that there is a "false horror" over a "tiny tiny incident base of offences". Enlighten me - what level of racist offences do you find acceptable?

Deserves more than just a like - excellent work Sir.

Far bigger problem is the lack of openly gay men in football. Neville and the PFA don't seem to be making any noises about that.

Fuck me why is it a problem?

When did you last watch a game and sat their wondering what the sexuality of players was?

What is fucking happening to us as a society when people think this is an issue?

To be fair to sky they don’t want to be associated with the political side to Neville’s rant and rightly so
He is right on the rasicm/football side
But last week he basically had a go at Boris johnson and this week both Johnson and Corbyn
While also proudly tweeting about voting labour
He is same as carragher who regrets the Suarez episode
Both did fuck all at the time!!!!

To be fair to sky they don’t want to be associated with the political side to Neville’s rant and rightly so
He is right on the rasicm/football side
But last week he basically had a go at Boris johnson and this week both Johnson and Corbyn
While also proudly tweeting about voting labour
He is same as carragher who regrets the Suarez episode
Both did fuck all at the time!!!!

carragher wore a tshirt in support I recall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.