Christmas cheese

Our ASDA home delivery on Sunday and their substitutions for out of stocks
We ordered a block of Applewood cheese and they subbed it with Applewood cheese slices
We ordered a block double Gloucester with chives and they subbed it with Applewood cheese slices
And we ordered a tub of creamed cheese, which they also subbed with Applewood cheese slices
I ordered a pinot noir subbed with La Moneda malbec.
A merlot subbed with La Moneda malbec.
A Portuguese red subbed with La Moneda malbec.

Always liked Shropshire Blue too and only found out a few weeks ago it's nothing to do with Shropshire and originated in Inverness, and has only been made in Shropshire since 2010

Love cheese especially with wine & grapes early evening after the Xmas grub has settled down but, no blue cheeses.

Having halloumi in blankets for a starter on the day, did them last year when we had a left field Greek Meze for a change.

Love a nice baked Camembert with toasted ciabatta slices and some caramelised onion relish

Great thread.

in order of prefernce my top 3 are

Arran stem ginger cheddar
Cahill's irish porter cheese (guiness do a branded equivalent as well)
Manchego

I love a stilton too, but not fussed with a particular one, any will do. Will try the Perl Las someone mentioned, and i'd recommend the top one above for sure.

My cheese board will be
Cheddar
Cheshire
Manchego
Stilton
Goats cheese
Gruyere

there will be chutneys, grapes, figs, satsumas and a variety of nuts all to be washed down with a fine port or a moscato d’asti for those who want something lighter.

I like my cheese and at Christmas, I get a few different flavours. This year I've dropped on a lovely little number, a cornish cruncher cheese made with balsamic onions. It's a fucking beauty.

What favourite festive cheese do you like?
Where was it from

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.