Heroes, Villains, and Legends

Heroes:
For those huge trophy winning or promotion moments in my lifetime - Andy Morrison, Paul Dickov, Shaun Goater, Yaya Touré, Kun Agüero, Edin Džeko and Vincent Kompany... Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Roberto Mancini, Pep Giardiola

Villains:
Danny Mills, McManaman... Steve Coppell, Alan Ball

Legends:
Club legends in my time or not - Billy Meredith, Tommy Johnson, Eric Brook, Peter Doherty, Bert Trautmann, Joe Hayes, Colin Bell, Yaya Touré, David Silva, Kun Agüero, Kevin de Bruyne, Vincent Kompany... Wilf Wild, Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison together, Roberto Mancini, Pep Guardiola

And then my favourites:
David White, Uwe Rösler, Andy Morrison, Carlos Tevez, Yaya Touré, Kun Agüero... Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Bobby Manc and Pep.

Hero Kinkladze, a shining light in a dark time and place

Legends, so many, starting with Colin Bell, Alan Oakes (only booked once in his professional career my old man used to tell me, is that true?) Francis Lee, Dave Watson, Dennis Tueart, not so many between then and the 99 team, where we had Andy Morrison, Nicky Weaver, Paul Dickov, the Goat, followed by Ali Benarbia, Eyal Bercovic, Der Bomber and an honourable mention to Kevin Keegan who had us playing the best football I had seen at that point from a City side, Sweeeeep and then the team of the last decade, Vinny, Zabba, Joe Hart, David Silva, Fenrandinho, Yaya (assuming we discount agent influenced divaism) Aguero, Roberto Mancini, with the latest additions to the list Kevin De Bruyne and Pep. I'm sure I've missed a load out, and equally sure they'll never know :)

Villains, Fowler, McManaman, Danny Mills, Alan Ball, Steve Coppell, Sticky Bumblebee, Lee Badbuy, although probably didn't do enough of anything to warrant being a villain, again I'm sure there are many more

odd how the first two that came to mind are scousers

Heroes in my time
- Goater
- Dickov
- Morrison
- Weaver
- Dunne
- Ali B
- SWP
- Anelka
- Spine of the various sides from 2009 - Present

Villains
- Charvet
- Mills
- McManaman
- Barton

Legends
- To many to list throughout the clubs history, but big Joe, Mancini & Pep stand out.

To be honest most of the villains came in the period when we were struggling. After watching city in the 70s with the likes of bell lee summerbee booth doyle and co it was a hard act to follow. The dark days began and never looked like ending for us. To many villains to mention, they were many. When we finally got going, Robiniho was the main culprit, big price tag and basically let most of us down. Tevez was another, however when he was on the pitch he was worth the entrance fee alone, loved watching Carlos! Yaya, the birthday cake saga and his agent, could win a game single handed. As for heroes, Vinnie, Zabba, Silva, Aguero, KDB, Fernandinho, whoever replaces them have a job on their hands, will never be easy to replace!

Neil Young my first hero and in my opinion should have been in with Bell,Summerbee and Lee.
3 pages in and I think this is the first post that mentions Neil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.