LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

That's the beauty of the cup competitions the big away allocations be a disgrace if they change it but definitely wouldn't surprise me bunch of softies these days

Post going round stating that following a meeting both clubs have agreed to restrict away tickets to the usual league numbers in order to minimise any potential disorder.
No idea if this is actually true but sure we will find out soon enough
Who started it ?

I am that confident that we will beat United over 2 legs that I have booked my train tickets to London On Sunday 1st March while they are still reasonably cheap.
Managed to get a midday train which gets into Euston at 14.10 with the return leaving at 20.35 arriving back in Manchester at 22.55. Return price of £55.
I have previous form for taking a punt on cheap train tickets for a Wembley Final.
When City lost to Everton 1-0 (at Goodison) in 2016,I knew that we would overcome the deficit and win the 2nd leg and proceed to Wembley. So I booked my train to London the next day for about £40. Sometimes you just have to speculate to accumulate.

Not a bad shout to be fair.
And if the worst happens and they do beat us, you can flog them to a rag for twice the price , because why not ;)

I have just had a look at the Rags site, the home tickets are already on sale and the ticket ballot applications for the away leg start today, there is no mention in either section about reduced allocation, mind you no mention about people being moved because of the larger away allocation for us but at least they are getting organised. Looking on Citys site there is squat. Posting tickets out will be a nightmare due to Christmas and New Year but perhaps we could collect them from Macaris chippy.

It would surely have been in the press about reduced allocation, I think it is the usual Twitter shite by a no nowt.

Not a bad shout to be fair.
And if the worst happens and they do beat us, you can flog them to a rag for twice the price , because why not ;)
Yep,I might have to join Redcafe and stick it on their tickets and travel forum.
Although thinking about it most rags make the journey the other way around,so it might not be such a good idea after all.

Yeah a few United fans on twitter who are on the cup scheme have said they have been given there normal season ticket seat which would have been moved if we was given 8000

I am that confident that we will beat United over 2 legs that I have booked my train tickets to London On Sunday 1st March while they are still reasonably cheap.
Managed to get a midday train which gets into Euston at 14.10 with the return leaving at 20.35 arriving back in Manchester at 22.55. Return price of £55.
I have previous form for taking a punt on cheap train tickets for a Wembley Final.
When City lost to Everton 1-0 (at Goodison) in 2016,I knew that we would overcome the deficit and win the 2nd leg and proceed to Wembley. So I booked my train to London the next day for about £40. Sometimes you just have to speculate to accumulate.

Just better hope they dont make it a 14:00 kick off.

If true it Completely ruins the point in cup competitions for match going fans. One of the biggest draws for fans is taking double or triple the usual numbers to an away game and the dream is to get something like a derby draw.

To take that away from fans of both sides would be an absolute piss take. The idea it would be a safety concern is complete horseshit. Those extra 3/5k away fans not getting tickets are going to be watching it somewhere, given the ground will be the most policed area in Salford you can argue there’s a greater chance of disorder with a reduced allocation.

The FA Cup ties on the preceding Saturday give us an advantage. Man Utd can't go to Wolves and rest players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.