LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

It was a home fan who made the alleged monkey gesture though. It was home fans who chucked stuff at Fred.

And also the away allocation was the same as that proposed for the semi-final. Not a valid excuse at all for this decision but I would not surprised to hear this reasoning being used when both clubs rightly receive flak for this decision.

For all the rhetoric spoken by different bodies and groups, unless anything actually changes then it's totally pointless. Putting on record how unhappy we all are with the decision changes nothing, the faceless people who have made the decision won't be sitting there worrying because someone has said, we don't like the idea. Unless both sets of fans refuse to buy tickets, and force the clubs hands, then they have got exactly what they want.

Amidst all the (quite understandable) angst about why this has happened may I please make a plea that everyone remembers that it is NOT the fault of the poor Ticket Office staff. They just do as they are told about who is eligible for tickets and they do their best to be as fair as possible for us all. It's people 'above their pay grade' as the saying goes. I know that some people have had problems with them but I speak as I find and I guess I've been lucky in my dealings with them.

Merry Christmas to everyone. :-)

Blame the PL, the TV companies, City, United and GMP for allowing a 5.30pm kick off on Saturday Night in December, with the Christmas Markets on.

If that game would have been played at Midday on Saturday or Sunday, there wouldn’t have been any trouble.

We are now in a situation where every future domestic cup derby will be treated in a similar way and 6000 City fans will miss out again.

Perhaps in the future City, United and GMP will tell the PL, Sky and BT to f*** off when they want to reschedule a derby to a 5.30pm kick off.

Of course they won’t, because the clubs are more interested in money until something happens like it did at the derby.

Really disappointing for the match going fans. This was going to be my lads first proper away day. Very poor from both clubs. Big away allocations are brilliant for both teams. Not going on this cup scheme next year. If you can not host it don’t be in it.

I agree about the late kick off and I also agree it’s not fair on the 6000 who miss out.

The problem is the clubs and police aren’t willing to take the risk and that’s up to them. The reason there is a risk is because of the handful of idiots that cause trouble and therefore that’s who I’m blaming.

I’m not sure Utd fans in the crowd caused a fair few of our fans to throw missiles onto the pitch?

I’m absolutely convinced had the Derby, the other week, escaped without any crowd trouble/racism, we’d have had the full allocation.

Have we had a cup match since the Bellamy incident? Have we had one since the bus got bottled?

As I say, the clubs and police wouldn’t have agreed this if people behave themselves.

Are you going to blame the idiot fans at all or just the authorities?

There have always been risks at the derby.

Down the years there have been numerous incidents at Maine Road, the Etihad and Old Trafford, even with a 3000 allocation for both sets of fans.

Where was the uproar from United and City when City fans were pelted with bottles, coins, etc, in the upper tier of the K-Stand?

Where were the United Stewards?

Where were GMP? Holding City fans back at full-time and not dealing with the United fans throwing objects.

Every city derby in the country has problems at some point.

No, it’s not great, but because local rivalry is so fierce, passion and stupidity constantly spill over.

If we had got the Rags in the final instead would we have had a reduced allocation ? If you answer no then it shows how childish, stupid and thoughtless this decision is.

Really disappointing for the match going fans. This was going to be my lads first proper away day. Very poor from both clubs. Big away allocations are brilliant for both teams. Not going on this cup scheme next year. If you can not host it don’t be in it.
Same for me and my lad planned first local away day at the swamp. Football is being ruined for true fans when big away allocations are slashed. Next step is ban all away fans to prevent the risk of trouble or bad language being heard.

1894 statement.

7186-CF7-E-3790-44-B2-8475-AE77-E292-F962.png

Perhaps next time we as a fan base see the throwing of lighters,racial or homophobic abuse these twats will be reported to stewards/police there and then and thrown out & banned
We have to play our part to rid the game of these morons,we can’t just hold the club accountable for being pressured into having to make decisions like this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.