LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

So you won't be annoyed, we got 3008.

The Club has received an allocation of 3,008 tickets priced as follows:

Season Ticket Holders

Adult - £28/£29/£35

65+ - £14/£15

18-20 - £21/£26

16-17 - £14/£15

U16 - £8

I nearly forgotten about the gate against Mansfield

I see the Chelsea supporter charged with racially abusing Son was reported by his own supporters to the stewards

Fair play to the fans out there that don’t condone it. There is no room for racism anywhere but especially in football which unites many cultures and backgrounds

So, because of a handful of idiots, 6000 City fans are going to miss out on a derby ticket at Old Trafford.

What did United do when Bellamy was struck by an object at United?
What did United do when United fans threw numerous objects at City fans from the quadrant over looking the K Stand top tier after the previous League Cup semi-final?
What did United do when a City coach full of City fans got bottled as it passed the Bishops Blaize?

Why don’t you blame the PL, the TV companies, and both clubs for agreeing to a Saturday night, 5.30pm kick off?
Why don’t you blame GMP for not stopping that time?
Why don’t you blame the club for allowing home tickets to filter on to ticket resale websites, so United fans could buy them?

Don’t just blame City fans.

Nobody can legislate for a handful of idiots in a crowd of 55,000. And because of that, 6000 City fans ‘who have done nothing wrong’ won’t now get a derby ticket if the rumour is true?
cou;dnt agree more with what you have wrote jrb

Blame the PL, the TV companies, City, United and GMP for allowing a 5.30pm kick off on Saturday Night in December, with the Christmas Markets on.

If that game would have been played at Midday on Saturday or Sunday, there wouldn’t have been any trouble.

We are now in a situation where every future domestic cup derby will be treated in a similar way and 6000 City fans will miss out again.

Perhaps in the future City, United and GMP will tell the PL, Sky and BT to f*** off when they want to reschedule a derby to a 5.30pm kick off.

Of course they won’t, because the clubs are more interested in money until something happens like it did at the derby.

United were only going to give us 7,410 max which is what they say is all they have to give for the league cup. I believe the 'Corteo' made both clubs think twice, with one club then trying to out do the other.

Few observations. As someone has pointed out already, City, doing their usual and rolling over to ‘keep the peace’ have handed Utd an advantage in that they will have a higher proportion of the ground at ours than we will at theirs.

Secondly, this is a shit competition which has now been made more shit by this stunt. There is little incentive for fans to attend the early rounds if this is what happens when you get to the later rounds and ‘bigger’ games. When City fans don’t sell out Wembley this year in a semi final of the FA Cup, there can be no grounds for complaining from the likes of Pep or any other of the hierarchy, if the Club are prepared to acquiesce to this.

Thirdly, it is of little surprise that Utd agree to this because they are about making money and have little thought for their fans, 6,000 fans being disaffected is irrelevant . It seems that City have gone the same way. It was inevitable I suppose, but here it is.

Finally, the London Met Police regularly police Derby games in Cup games between the likes of West Ham, Chelsea, Millwall etc, where very large away support is in attendance. These clubs have much larger, more active and historically more lawless hooligan elements than either City or Utd. It seems that the GMP haven’t got the capability to deal with it, which is pathetic.

Personally, like a number of others that I’ve spoken to, I won’t be bothering with either leg of this game now, so there will be a few ‘empty seats’ I suspect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.