Unai Núñez

If we brought him would he be cup tied with CL?

Is he really good or are we just desperate for a CB? He looks tall and strong, young and his price is relatively cheap. But it kind of bothers me that he is a third choice in Bilbao. Not every player we will sign from Bilbao will be like Laporte. Players at the age of 22 already play in the biggest teams in the world and win titles.

Is he really good or are we just desperate for a CB? He looks tall and strong, young and his price is relatively cheap. But it kind of bothers me that he is a third choice in Bilbao. Not every player we will sign from Bilbao will be like Laporte. Players at the age of 22 already play in the biggest teams in the world and win titles.

not entirely true mate all of that though is it? It could be we truly see big potential in unai and think under pep he could grow to be a top CB like Laporte? We paid £42m for mangala and look how that ended up!!

Haha, fourth choice? So an inconsistent and passive Stones, an error-prone and slow Otamendi and a 35-year old CDM would start for you ahead of this guy? If this story has legs, it is to find a partner to Laporte and nothing else. While everyone hoped it would be John Stones, clearly it isn’t anymore.

If they aim to bring him in this January, Otamendi would need to leave. But I could see it happening. With no defensive reinforcements we will once again bow out of the UCL, either against Real or the next round.

Except he’s a 3rd choice centre half for a team sitting 7th in their league. He’s nowhere near being first choice for us, more likely a back up for a decent fee.

Except he’s a 3rd choice centre half for a team sitting 7th in their league. He’s nowhere near being first choice for us, more likely a back up for a decent fee.

Just because he doesn’t play every game for them shouldn’t be a dealbreaker. Why do we have to wait until he becomes a regular at Bilbao and they increase his clause to 100m before we make the move? We become a laughing stock only buying ready-made stars and not being able to identify talent before their breakthrough. He went through the same academy as Laporte and one can see he has a lot of quality.

Are you serious about John defending better than this guy, you should stick to golf mate.

Just because he doesn’t play every game for them shouldn’t be a dealbreaker. Why do we have to wait until he becomes a regular at Bilbao and they increase his clause to 100m before we make the move? We become a laughing stock only buying ready-made stars and not being able to identify talent before their breakthrough. He went through the same academy as Laporte and one can see he has a lot of quality.

Are you serious about John defending better than this guy, you should stick to golf mate.

I never said it was a deal breaker or that Stones is a better defender. Are you unwell?

He is better than Stones and Otamendi so would be starter for us. Our CBs bar Laporte are dire.

Hes been linked to Bayern as well so elite clubs are looking at him.

Just because he is 3rd choice doesn't mean the guy is shit. We have bought loads of expensive CBs who have turned out to be underwhelming as fuck. Mangala and Stones, £90m combined. Otamendi hasn't been great either, 1 good season out of 5.

About time we look at more modest CBs with potential and in terms of price. Can sell them easily as well if they don't work out, as this guy for example wouldn't be on high wages.

I never said it was a deal breaker or that Stones is a better defender. Are you unwell?

You: ”He’s nowhere near being first choice for us.”

We all know Laporte is our first choice, but saying Nunez would be nowhere near a starter for us is implying our second choice CB John Stones is better. Is this an unreasonable conclusion from me? We struggle with Stones in defense. Why the hell would we be looking for a back-up to someone who is struggling?

And saying that he is third choice for Bilbao does pretty much sound like a dealbreaker in your book.

I’m more than well, thank you! But it’s almost laughable to think we’re looking for a ”decent back-up” considering we struggle in defense and need a quality partner to Laporte.

If we brought him would he be cup tied with CL?
On March 27th 2018 UEFA announced that they will be phasing out the cup tie rule for the Champions League and Europa League starting in the 2018-2019 season. ... This means that players can represent two clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.