DRINK A DRINK FOR COLIN THE KING THIS BOXING DAY.

My then future wife's birthday is Sept. 11 so I took her to the testimonial for a birthday treat. No expense was spared we sat in the Platt lane end. I think she was suitably impressed as we are still together all these years later.

i started watching city during his injury period so had never seen him play, was gutted that i was going to miss that home game with Newcastle as the papers said he was fit and ready to go, if my mind serves me correct he played at the Leeds FA cup game away soon after 'the one with the trouble with Leeds fans coming onto the pitch', would i be correct with this,its many years ago now

i started watching city during his injury period so had never seen him play, was gutted that i was going to miss that home game with Newcastle as the papers said he was fit and ready to go, if my mind serves me correct he played at the Leeds FA cup game away soon after 'the one with the trouble with Leeds fans coming onto the pitch', would i be correct with this,its many years ago now
Yes it was that season, the Leeds Cup game was on 7th Jan. The day after the Newcastle game we played away at Boro, won 2-0 and that was another game with a fair bit of crowd trouble, almost par for the course in the 70s.

Many people preach the benefits of forgiving and forgetting but that tackle and, in later years, that banner are two things never to be forgiven nor forgotten.

Don't believe that Buchan has ever expressed any remorse over the tackle .

Wasn't that played in the snow with an orange ball or am I thinking of a later one? I was definitely at the Newcastle one and if I am remembering rightly the Newcastle players wouldn't go near Bell for fear of getting lynched if they fouled him.

One of my 3 favourite Maine Rd games that Newcastle one along with the 5-1 & the 4-0 cup game obviously that latter left a bitter taste ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.