Don't poison your dogs this week

kaz7

Given dogs are stupid and will eat anything (cats rule) the following foods are poisonous to them

Andrew Hunt, senior vet at Stoke PDSA Pet Hospital, said: "Traditional Christmas foods like mince pies, chocolate, onions, raisins, grapes, some nuts, sage-and-onion stuffing and Christmas cake or pudding can all be harmful and should be kept safely out of paws' reach."

Laura Playforth, professional standards director at Vets Now, said: "We see a big rise in poisoning cases involving raisins and alcohol at this time of year, largely due to dogs eating things like mince pies, Christmas puddings and fruitcake.

"The good news is the prognosis for grape and raisin toxicity is generally good if treated early and there's been no kidney damage.

"Normally symptoms start showing between six and 24 hours after the dog has eaten grapes or raisins.

"But these may not take effect for several days and in the most serious cases, the fruits can also cause sudden kidney failure."

Here are some other foods that are potentially extremely dangerous for dogs:

Onions
Garlic
Chives
Chocolate
Macadamia nuts
Avocado
Artificial sweetener xylitol
Alcohol
Cooked bones
Grapes and raisins

My dog use to eat chocolate drink the dregs from beer bottles and eat raw onion, died when he was 19.
Was just gonna say there is a regular old bloke that comes in my local. I regularly see him have a pint of real ale and the dog has a half in his bowl. It's a border collie about 13 years old. Looks as fit as a fiddle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.