Bring the Noise

I think we were fucked over by the TV shysters and the FArce, if I' not mistaken, who refused to move the tie to accommodate a CL game in the next week. Would have been moved for Dippers and Rags, no doubt!
The Champions league game was on the Wednesday in the Ukraine. Pelligrini objected to FA cup game being moved to the Sunday because of the travelling time to Eastern Europe and lack of preparation time left before the game. Which is fine and I understood his objections. What was shit was the way he handled the game. He picked 5 or 6 young lads to play and then proceeded to give them no guidance from the sidelines. He left them to get turned over by a strong Chelsea team while he sat on the bench sulking. Guardiola would never do that. Look at how Guardiola approached the pre season tour after the world Cup when he hardly had a first team player to pick from. And that was only friendlies

This reply isn’t aimed at you in particular. It’s that bold and underlined bit.

We asked for a larger singing section. We got block 115. The majority of fans in 115 don’t sing.
1894 have been given up to 50 seats at the front of 115 for CL games. The fans don’t fill those seats.
1894 have been given 3 back rows in the away block in SSL1 for the FA Cup games against Port Vale, we’re struggling to fill those seats.
The fans aren’t interested. If they were, all those seats for those different games would be full of City fans desperate to sing, to create an atmosphere, and to support the team.
Do you honestly think anything would change if safe standing was brought in and City set a block aside for a new (1894) singing section?
The same scenario would play out again. It would be full of singers and non singers, just like 115 became and still is.
How many more times are 1894 going to go to the club and ask the club to set aside x amount of seats knowing they won’t get filled because City fans can’t be arsed relocating for 1 match.
What must the club keep on thinking? Apart from not looking good on 1894, even though the club know how committed the 1894 lads are, they must have come to the conclusion by now that there is little or no appetite from the fans to create a proper and lasting singing section and an atmosphere at the Etihad..
That’s right. We can forget a megaphone. We can forget a drum. We can forget flags. We can forget banners. We can forget surfers. We can forget about relocating to a singing section for 1 game. We can forget anything and everything that might improve the atmosphere at the Etihad. Why? Because there's no point. There you go, I’ve posted it. City fans aren’t arsed. They don’t like change. They don’t like initiatives. They don’t like ideas to be trialed. They just like complaining, moaning, taking the piss, being abusive, and keeping things exactly as they are, even though they clearly aren’t working. As a set of fans, and as a fan base, we’re old, getting older, we’re tired, we’re stuck in our ways, and we’re boring. Know doubt I will have pissed a few of you off. I’m not going to apologise because it’s the truth.

Merry Christmas in advance.
Nowt wrong with what you said, don’t see how it would piss anyone off.

If a stand was set aside for us rather than a few blocks next to the away fans, I know about ten lads who’d move and a few more who’ve given up their seasoncards who’d come back.

Imagine if we all knew a dozen lads who’d move to a stand of our own...

It has to be worth moving for, long term/forever, not one-off games, if people are in good seats already. A little effort of a block next to away fans is not worth moving for.

That is a bit of many fans being stuck in their ways but also being happy where they are currently and enjoy where they are currently so it would have to be something really worth it to shift us all.

Where I sit now I’m around 6-10 lads who all sing in a non-singing area, and we have one of the best views in the ground and therefore world football. We like it where we are. And I think lads like us are important for carrying the sound made from the singing section around the rest of the ground.

Some of my mates are in 115 and have been in SSL1 since we moved there. A few times a few more of my group have moved to be with them. A few more of us have been asked by them to join them well before these individual games to create a larger singing block and we’ve just said “not yet, I’m going to wait until we ever get a proper stand, I’m happy where I am”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an observation don’t think Pep was moaning at us about the atmosphere at all. Just seen the game back and after we put pressure on the goalkeeper, he kicks it out for a throw in.

Pep applauds with his hands in the air then tells us to get louder.

Think he was happy with it tbh!

Bang on.

Younger supporters will be attracted to a more hardcore group and swell numbers. In my experience younger lads love to feel part of a movement. You hear folk talking about stewards telling them to sit down and shut up. You bet they wouldn’t dare say that to a larger group of “hardcore supporters” if you can put it that way. It doesn’t need to be a full on Ultras section with drums, megaphone etc but the Ultras mentality is needed.

This is a good point to a great post.

I think improving things in the ground is a lost cause as JRB said, if the atmosphere is ever going to improve at the Etihad, it will be down to the next generation.

Therefore, does the 1894 group need a "re-brand" and a new direction? Why waste time organising displays and designated sections for the first team that city fans are just not arsed about? We have a stadium that has terracing behind both goals across the road. If kids like being part of a movement, why not be part of that movement for the EDS that can be transferred to the main stadium for home cup games? Schedule the EDS games to be on the weekends, create and build a movement that city fans between 12-18 can experience that they are unable to do for the senior team and create a whole new fan culture at City.

The terracing holds 1000, i would bet that ten times that amount at the very least in Greater Manchester and beyond would love to get involved on a weekend making flags, creating songs and singing with fellow peers about the team they love with serious organising from a fans group and the club itself. It's surely better than being anti-social or playing City on the playstation? It would be a slow process, i would imagine heavily influenced by adults until the group formed a bond to accelerate on its own. Forget YouTube Kids app and all these other cheese fest induced ideas that the club come up with to "get the youth". Just give them a platform to express themselves and more importantly enjoy themselves. Add little perks like first team squad members watching the games from the terracing even for 20 min and singing along. Create an area even at the Etihad where these lads can go and congregate and hang out before these games, their own little youth club, where they can make the banners, come up with and try new songs etc. There's some 5 a-side courts near Joe Mercer Way, open them up and let them have a kick about.

If the above was to happen, when we play the early rounds of cup games or the champions league games, we have a ready made group of 1000 young energetic fans who will rock the place inside. Imagine these young lads singing week in and week out and making banners/flags for Phil Foden for the EDS and then singing his name watching the first team, there is that bond that will be unbreakable as he will truly be one of their own. We would be creating a conveyor belt off the pitch as well as on it and completely changing the dynamics of our support.

The club could put on free coaches for them to travel to places like Bradford, Rotherham, Lincoln etc in the Checkatrade Trophy, which will give them an experience of going on an away day.

I know i would have loved to have been part of something like this when i was 13.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the efforts everyone is making. I do think it can be improved but I think this rests with the club. They have to create a ‘home end’. Like when you bought a season ticket for the kippax you knew you were going into the ‘home end’ appreciate probably won’t happen until the North Stand extension. I think a lot are waiting for this then I think we see movement. Odd blocks and seats for individual games whilst a good effort will be seen as too much effort for some. Keep saying it nothing will improve until the club get a ‘home end’ sorted. But priorities do not seem to jive with this right now which is costing us. Get a home end built with cheaper tickets, get back some of the fans we lost due to cost, and get the place rocking.

Anyone thinking pep is out of order for complaining about our support at times..
Do your really think our support when we’re 1 or 2 behind is good??
He’s given us the best football the premier league has ever seen for 2 years and now he just wants some support

I think improving things in the ground is a lost cause as JRB said, if the atmosphere is ever going to improve at the Etihad, it will be down to the next generation.

Therefore, does the 1894 group need a "re-brand" and a new direction? Why waste time organising displays and designated sections for the first team that city fans are just not arsed about? We have a stadium that has terracing behind both goals across the road. If kids like being part of a movement, why not be part of that movement for the EDS that can be transferred to the main stadium for home cup games? Schedule the EDS games to be on the weekends, create and build a movement that city fans between 12-18 can experience that they are unable to do for the senior team and create a whole new fan culture at City.

The terracing holds 1000, i would bet that ten times that amount at the very least in Greater Manchester and beyond would love to get involved on a weekend making flags, creating songs and singing with fellow peers about the team they love with serious organising from a fans group and the club itself. It's surely better than being anti-social or playing City on the playstation? It would be a slow process, i would imagine heavily influenced by adults until the group formed a bond to accelerate on its own. Forget YouTube Kids app and all these other cheese fest induced ideas that the club come up with to "get the youth". Just give them a platform to express themselves and more importantly enjoy themselves. Add little perks like first team squad members watching the games from the terracing even for 20 min and singing along. Create an area even at the Etihad where these lads can go and congregate and hang out before these games, their own little youth club, where they can make the banners, come up with and try new songs etc. There's some 5 a-side courts near Joe Mercer Way, open them up and let them have a kick about.

If the above was to happen, when we play the early rounds of cup games or the champions league games, we have a ready made group of 1000 young energetic fans who will rock the place inside. Imagine these young lads singing week in and week out and making banners/flags for Phil Foden for the EDS and then singing his name watching the first team, there is that bond that will be unbreakable as he will truly be one of their own. We would be creating a conveyor belt off the pitch as well as on it and completely changing the dynamics of our support.

The club could put on free coaches for them to travel to places like Bradford, Rotherham, Lincoln etc in the Checkatrade Trophy, which will give them an experience of going on an away day.

I know i would have loved to have been part of something like this when i was 13.

it is good when ideas like this are suggested, because a lot of fans don't realise that over the last 6 or 7 seasons we have tried all this. We have had meetings, planned things like you say with EDS games thinking "this is going to work". We try and it doesn't work, mainly gets little response. Like you say and same here, when I was 13 I would have been well up for that sort of game at EDS or coaches on low key cup games.

It is true 1,000 energetic young fans would get it rocking, but they don't show up. The club have in the passed organised in cup games small blocks for young fans with tickets for £1 and a free scarf. It gets good response but nothing happens or repeats.

the things you suggested that we haven't tried are really things that only the club can do because of funding / website advertising / hours of labour put in to it. Often fans say try this or that, but the 1894 organisers are a small group of fans that give up their spare time ( we all have full time jobs ). For the hours we volunteer as it does get like a second job at times, we do a very lot, with all the games that there are these days and preparation for displays etc there literally are not enough hours in the day. Also it is funded off donations for flags / displays which we are overwhelmed by the generosity of fans. Also we sell merchandise to fund but it is a very tough out there as every street corner has a seller and the club gas several shops.

We often get offered help from people, but I think when they see how much time you end up putting in and inconvenience then they lose interest. I don't blame them one bit, peoples lives are busy and games come thick and fast.

We are revamping 115, got a few ideas but again we are limited. If it was up to us three blocks of lower SS would be safestand tomorrow, we have meetings with the club about it every season. It is getting there but still to much red tape.

So we kind of cant do anything else now, not that we are going to stop displays etc but as far as generating noise is concerned its down to the fans to get involved and back the singing sections / fans grouping. It is growing slowly, takes time.

I do like you post though, please come and meet up and have a chat some time.

Last edited:

Nice thoughts but in the early-ish says of the mini ground it was almost impossible to 'stand' in a crowd, even if the ends were opened the Stewards seemed to work on a one yard between everyone system & then declare it full.

I don't know the answer but the cheese matchday experience will never help.

Slightly off topic, saw Shearer on the big screens going on about how wonderful VAR was last home game along with our presenters & Ferris all being pro VAR & sucking the enjoyment out of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.