Retro Games Console

Tevez32mcfc

My mate got given a Sega Megadrive mini for Christmas which is brilliant. Only issue is it doesn't have some of the games on it that we used to play many years ago as they are built in and i dont think you can add any others.

I have looked into buying one of the old school megadrives from the 90's but would it be compatible with a newer tv? Seen a few for sale for 30 quid and tempted although i guess your taking your chances on it actuallly working when it arrives.

I did try to build up a Raspberry Pi but didnt have the patience in the end but i believe these are the dogs if you can add everything to them.

My mate got given a Sega Megadrive mini for Christmas which is brilliant. Only issue is it doesn't have some of the games on it that we used to play many years ago as they are built in and i dont think you can add any others.

I have looked into buying one of the old school megadrives from the 90's but would it be compatible with a newer tv? Seen a few for sale for 30 quid and tempted although i guess your taking your chances on it actuallly working when it arrives.

I did try to build up a Raspberry Pi but didnt have the patience in the end but i believe these are the dogs if you can add everything to them.

I've got a Raspberyy Pi with Retropi set up, Arcade, SNES, NES, Master System, Mega Drive etc etc, over 3000 games and can add more if required.
£70 all in, piece of piss.

iu

I picked up a Sinclair Vega cheap off ebay. The problem is gaming decades ago was much more wank than we remember - laughable by comparison with what we have now, and about as much fun as playing with a calculator. I must admit to having fond memories of sonic and early versions of fifa on megadrive though.

I bought my brother an old sega master system a few years back. Paid nearly £100 for a good condition boxed one. I figured it’s an appreciating asset. It works fine and hunting down the games is possibly more fun than playing them.

Have a look on Google/YouTube, it may well be possible (and easy) to add extra games.

Nintendo released mini versions of the NES/SNES and it was easy to add extra games by linking the console to a laptop/PC via USB and downloading some ROMS.

I've got a Raspberyy Pi with Retropi set up, Arcade, SNES, NES, Master System, Mega Drive etc etc, over 3000 games and can add more if required.
£70 all in, piece of piss.

Does it link to tv via HDMI? What happens with control pad etc would i need to buy one thats compatible?

Have a look on Google/YouTube, it may well be possible (and easy) to add extra games.

Nintendo released mini versions of the NES/SNES and it was easy to add extra games by linking the console to a laptop/PC via USB and downloading some ROMS.

Cheers will have a look round

Does it link to tv via HDMI? What happens with control pad etc would i need to buy one thats compatible?

Yep, HDMI out on the Pi, and controllers are USB. Then you just map buttons.

If you search Retropi on amazon you can get a bundle, then it's just ROMs you need

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.