My first Christmas dinner as a Vegetarian. I don't think I've thought this through.

Line the bottom of a foil roasting tray with cranberry sauce (homemade, or shop bought).

Grate 2 large courgette's (could also use carrot, or courgette and carrot) into a large mixing bowl,
Add 250g of sage and onion stuffing mix,
Chuck 500g in a bag of frozen soya mince,
Add a couple of tbs of instant veg gravy mix,
Add 150g of strong grated vegetarian cheddar
whisk 2 large eggs and add to the mix

Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down
Cover tightly with foil

Bake in oven at 180 deg for 30-35 minutes (test with a skewer - it should come out clean) and then remove the foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes (you can also add more grated cheese to the top at this point, and finish off under the grill).
I haven't seen vegan cheddar. The vegan cheeses I have tasted are like playdoh infused with cheese smelling powder. Thanks for this recipe though. Appreciated.

I've tried most of the meat substitutes and universally loathe most of them. I also noticed how expensive they are. A small pack of this reconstituted rubber comes in at nearly £20 a kilo. For something that tastes as if you're chewing cut up rubber bands I find that taking the fucking piss. In fact, piss couldn't taste any worse and I can get that for hee haw. I still don't plan on buckling though and one day fish will be added to the stuff I don't eat, but not today, not today.
Stay away from meat substitutes,you'll always be disappointed

I've had a few of them. So far, none even remotely edible.
I've got a full leg of lamb in the oven roasting right now. The smell is amazing.

Accompanied by roast potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower, buttered peppered mashed carrots with real meat juice gravy. Oh and homemade Yorkshire puddings.

Stick to nut roasts butternut squish and twigs ya wrong un veggie ****; )

I've had a few of them. So far, none even remotely edible.
If you like cheese and onion sandwiches they are OK for that in place of cheddar. They smell/taste foul on their own though - hardly surprising as it's just a slurry of vegetable fats with chemicals added.

Well Yorkshire puds are vegan so I think I can squeeze this question here - tried to make them yesterday and today and they came out stodgy without rising much at all- misuses says that self raising flour she gave me is fine instead of plain ( don’t have plain) but I suspect she is wrong and that’s the reason for my failure on the Yorkies - followed Jamie Oliver to the letter but I am a shit cook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.