Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo played deeper and more central worked really well. He doesn't lose the ball in tight situations, gets into opposition players quickly, can tackle, tremendous energy and can provide defence splitting passes. When he played for Monaco against us it was both retention of the ball and ability to thread a ball through to the forwards under pressure that impressed.

There is still one detail missing.. Bernardo will be much much better on the right side of the midfield..

If Pep makes that decision and somehow manages with Debruyne that detail - I mean Debruyne will be moved to the left side of the midfield,
we may find out the midfield partnership - which will be the best ever football has ever seen - since xaviesta and kroos-modric..

Bernardo`s ability to maintain the ball and distribute it effectively - can become as important to city, like it was xavi`s for Barcelona...

De Bruyne isn't moving to the left, he's the best player in the world in his current position just inside the RW.

Thought he was brilliant tonight, ran his bollocks off. Tried to calm it down and kept the ball but only so much he could do on his own.

You could tell with both Bernie and Rodri this result hurt. Both were excellent. I also don't get the grief Kev is getting by some - his pass for what should have been the winning goal was outstanding. Midfield is not the issue with us - fullback and left centre half are the pressing issue. It's says a lot when I would have preferred a partnership of Rodri and Ferna tonight, I don't think we'd have lost with those two at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.