Wolves - post match

Kind of unacceptable after spending the GDP of a small country to be in the position where we need to spend even more on at least three new defenders.

Still fuming about the red card that wasn’t. And VAR should never have been involved for the penalty as Twatkinson should have given it in the first place. Mandy was a cockwomble but surely it was a push on him that led to the cross. That said he should have launched it before he could have his pocket picked. Balls deep for some players in January and the summer is a necessity to improve the squad.Sane’s bargaining position has just got stronger as we need to keep him. Need two centre halfs plus at least one full back if not two plus a couple of midfielders and a forward. Time for Mendy, Otamendi, Stones to go, Silva is already going and Ferny and Sergio need replacing. Major surgery required and I think we will struggle in the next two games. Top four could be a struggle unless we put a run of wins together.

Wow 6 easy points for Wolves off us. Didn’t see that coming at the start of the season.
We got what we deserved from that game.
We went down to 10, but we were 2-0 up. Game management. We somehow lack the ability to pass the ball to each other or retain possession. Stupid silly flicks and ‘give away’ passes.
Bernardo was MotM.
I thought it was a foul on Mendy, but it wasn’t given(as expected) but was given earlier when Raz nudged Traore!!!

Mahrez offered nothing, Sterling was missing and assisted their first goal.

After that, I honestly think Pep has to demand some defenders in the January market, get rid of Mendy and Walker at least.

I had to turn it off immediately. I didn’t realise Wolves had won the league after beating us tonight, the celebrations were comical.

If this doesn’t convince the club that we need a defensive overhaul then nothing will. It has to start in January. There’s no way that we can do the kind of rebuilding of that back line required in one window. Otamendi, Stones and Mendy can’t be ejected soon enough. I said before that I expect there will be more extremely disappointing results this season, and that still holds true.

Longer term, it is becoming exceedingly obvious that Walker needs moving on. As harsh as it may sound, I also can’t see Zinchenko ever achieving the level we require. Further, there are major doubts around Cancelo. Laporte is basically the only defender we have that makes a strong case to survive a cull.

Looking slightly further forwards, there are serious questions to be asked of Rodri. I can’t ever see him replacing Fernandinho. He fits the Gundogan mould much more than he does Fernandinho.

Some major rebuilding to be done over the next couple of years. Our recruitment of defenders has been abysmal. Arguably the worst in the league by some distance. Perhaps we also need an overhaul on the recruitment side? We can’t afford to make many more mistakes on the scale of Mangala and Mendy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.