Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean vinny has been better than nico in every measure
No he hasn't. Nico is statistically the absolute best front foot defender in Europe. Again it's not a coincidence that he'stopped the CIES who rate those qualities super highly. Kompany is still brilliant in his own right on that front and better than Otamendi in pretty much every other way.

But he wasn't better on the front foot than Otamendi. He just wasn't.

Better player than many give him credit for.

He’s prone to the odd error but no centre back is infallible - yes, even Virgil, the best player the game has ever seen.

Better player than many give him credit for.

He’s prone to the odd error but no centre back is infallible - yes, even Virgil, the best player the game has ever seen.
Look at van Dijk against Watford last week. He looked like he was pissed up, all over the shop.

We were never coming away with anything with him on the pitch.

Call me a boo boy, call him a scapegoat, dance around the issue as much as you want but he is completely and utterly thick as shit.

Give Eric or Taylor the minutes and allow them make the mistakes that he's been making since day one. At least they might learn from them.

Always has been and always will be a liability. An ok run of form doesn't change that

Now we are so far back I would get rid of him and play the young centre backs. He has always shown me a lack of character and has now become a total liability every other game. We have not seen this because for two+ years we have been so good with possession and going forward. In short he gives too many cheap free kicks, goes to ground too many times, is too slow passing out which gives teams time to set up and defend, is awful tracking back and finally gets caught under the ball so many times when defending long balls. Other than that he's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.