Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the hype I've seen about him, I've seen nothing to justify it.

Doesn't seem particularly fast, strong, good in the air and failed to do the basics of defending for the short time he was on tonight.

I hope he proves me wrong and it goes without saying that he needs more time but I can't see him ever breaking into this or any other Premier League team.
He was the only City player who had a decent performance. Not perfect, but had some good passes, blocks and won a couple aerial duels

For all the hype I've seen about him, I've seen nothing to justify it.

Doesn't seem particularly fast, strong, good in the air and failed to do the basics of defending for the short time he was on tonight.

I hope he proves me wrong and it goes without saying that he needs more time but I can't see him ever breaking into this or any other Premier League team.

Pep is his only chance, he needs to nail down a place under the current manager. I expect other managers will look at him and while appreciating his technique, they will want someone a little more aggressive etc. Not knocking the lad but his attributes have him fighting against years of history of what a CB in England should be.

Way too early to write him off but imo too much hype on him. Do you remember Karim Rekik? Some people here said Kompany-Rekik partnership is the future or was it Rekik-Nastasic?:D
And Denis Suarez will be the one replacing David Silva.

Thats exactly what I feel now with this Garcia kid.

A talented young defender, but he has to be played to find out whats he really worth. Highly doubt he a future top class CB and more probably he will be somewhere at Sevilla, Socieded in 3-4 years which is a decent career still.

With the PL gone, we can give some more chances to Garcia apart from Port Vale in FA Cup etc. Wonder if Pep would have the balls to play him vs United in Carabao.

Way too early to write him off but imo too much hype on him. Do you remember Karim Rekik? Some people here said Kompany-Rekik partnership is the future or was it Rekik-Nastasic?:D
And Denis Suarez will be the one replacing David Silva.

Thats exactly what I feel now with this Garcia kid.

A talented young defender, but he has to be played to find out whats he really worth. Highly doubt he a future top class CB and more probably he will be somewhere at Sevilla, Socieded in 3-4 years which is a decent career still.

With the PL gone, we can give some more chances to Garcia apart from Port Vale in FA Cup etc. Wonder if Pep would have the balls to play him vs United in Carabao.
Spot on. I don't want to finish his career but I don't understand the hype around him. He is very short and physically too weak to be a CB ,I have never seen one great performance from him.I do not get it

Spot on. I don't want to finish his career but I don't understand the hype around him. He is very short and physically too weak to be a CB ,I have never seen one great performance from him.I do not get it
I assume you mean playing for the EDS?

Shouldn't have been brought on in the first place. Throwing an extra centreback on just piled on the pressure for an entire half and that was always going to end badly with what we have there.

What he should be doing, however, is starting in place of that chihuahua Otamendi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.