Wolves - post match

Our defensive coaching has got off very lightly in the above debate.

You can’t just buy, buy, buy. Even if you have the money, a perfect ready-made fit is rarely available. And the expectations some are now putting on Laporte’s return are ridiculous. Fabulous player but not a saviour and he’ll need time to acclimatise anyway. Judging by Mendy, will he even come back as good as before? (I desperately hope so!)

We are just naive. These aren’t great teams that are slicing us open at will. Everyone knows you just lob us or knock through a quick long ball and it’s a goal. Even Solksjaer out-thought us and played us for fat boys. Ole Gunnar Fcukin Solkjaer FFS! We seem to play one purist way without learning.

Do we even have a defensive coach? Could anyone name him/her without googling?

Last two seasons were marvellous ...but are now in the past. This year we’ve been found wanting and we need to respond accordingly.

Last edited:
Ric so what's your opinion as to what's gone wrong?
The drop off from last season is alarming, is it burn out and too many injuries?
Nope - having a beer on the parade was what did it for us this season. Been downhill since.

Charming, I've watched City since the 50's and seen some players who would die for the shirt. If you can understand that. Sterling is great when we're winning but has no bottle when we're not. He might even become a great player eventually but he is certainly no fighter. By the way, it should be ( you're and won't ). It was when I was at school anyway.
Pish.

We played 80 odd minutes with ten men against a well organised team that are also very good at what they do. We weren't shit we literally struggled with ten men and the more the game went on the more we struggled due to both physical and mental tiredness.
Having watched the Ederson sending off I think it was poor. He jumped to the side and the wolves player initiated contact with his right arm. Fair enough he gave the ref a decision to make make but for me it was wrong. The penalty we got was very soft minimal contact and we'd all be up in arms if it was given against us. To be honest I think it was given because of the sending off. I like how Mendy is being singled out, no mention of sterling giving the ball away for the first and I can only presume his reluctance to track back and helpmout in defence was because he was told not to because I can't think of another reason why he wouldn't think I need to help out. Back to Mendy yes he should have cleared it but how was that not a foul when you consider the one given against walker a few minutes earlier then the one given for the foul on sterling when he took them free kick. Was always gonna be hard against wolves and with ten men nigh on impossible. What has cost us this season is a combination of injuries and not recruiting.
Yeah it smarts like hell like every defeat but it's not like we're fighting relegation.

I've read nothing this morning, but what kind of messages are coming out of City this morning?

Any rallying of the troops etc?

am doing my best on here in keeping up morale and thankfully we have not turned into AFTV or full time devils just yet ???? we like a moan and play the blame game but the truth is we our self have come up short this season and luck and injuries and VAR have also played its part, but we all can see that look in pep's eyes and the hunger he still got to build another team here at city

we have the money and lots of it ? and we can now spend and buy new signings in the summer, even if they are going to cost us £200million for mbappe just go and get him and fuck the rest, big summer at man city with in's and out's and the time for change and doing better than the 100 points and back to back titles, if you can get a bet on for next season right now lump it all on city scoring over 110 goals in the premier league, pep's plan is to out score the rest and take out VAR from our games, and 3.5 goals average goals a game will see us do that

Just re watched the game, god that hurt, we were poor, individual errors by players and management, playing with 10 men against a good Wolves team was always gonna be hard but we didn't help ourselves.
1st goal bad control by Raz and didn't realize how bad Bravo's starting position was.
2nd goal, brain fart by Mendy, just put your laces through the ball.
3rd goal was telegraphed, should if been tighter to prevent the back heel, Bravo in net enough said.
We kept playing the wrong ball and putting ourselves under pressure, very bad day at the office, the league has gone, let's batter Trafford over 2 legs, retain both domestic cups, fingers crossed for the CL but fearing the worst, if we go out with a whimper against Madrid I can see Pep calling it a day at the end of the season.

Just watched the whole game back.

I don’t blame Ederson for his red card. About six outfield players were asleep to create the situation and he came out to rectify their mistakes.

But apart from being sloppy with the ball (Sterling gave the ball away constantly!, one lead to their first goal), we defended well for 70 minutes with ten men.

We lost our outlet with the de Bruyne substitution. Thought that was the killer. Bernardo was excellent but when his forward pass to de Bruyne that we were finding so often disappeared we couldn’t see the game out.

If de Bruyne was to come off it had to be for a runner who could take the ball away from our goal, not another midfielder.

Then Mendy tried to be too clever when it wasn’t on. And they all fell asleep again for their winner just like the Ederson red card situation.

But with the men we have to have more of a focal point up front, someone who can consistently keep the ball blue. Sterling didn’t do that. And we have to have multiple players on the pitch who can take the ball away from our goal. Taking de Bruyne off took our best player at that off the pitch.

Bernardo didn’t deserve to be on the losing side last night though.

Might be worth an appeal. I thought exactly the same as you. I am not sure if he made a mistake in coming out. Had the Wolves player gone round him, the City defenders may have been able to deal with it but the Wolves forward made sure he carried on. An awkard call to make for a referee. No way as clear cut as the commentators made out. If it was the other way around I'd want a sending off. I haven't watched it back again and I am not sure whether ederson made a calculated gamble to disrupt the attack outside the area or whether he thought he would get to the ball first.

Marvin as Ederson jumped up he turned his body away from the wolves player. The wolves player then moved his arm out and it appears his arm struck Edersons right thigh. So imo the wolves player instigated the contact. Also wasn't nature why wolves didn't give us the ball back after the drop ball, I think that caught a few of ours cold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.