Tonight's match thread

Right hang on I'm getting confused.

I thought you was saying I slagged off the players after the Newcastle match, which they deserved if I did.
I'm not suggesting you made anything up.

Again that's confused me as I don't know what you're on about.
I think wires are getting crossed here.

I replied saying it wasn't you !..... January 30th so sorry for being a few days out.

The match day threads have always been bad, but I tend to take most it with a pinch of salt as it’s just people ranting in the heat of the moment during the game. I do think sections of our support are becoming a bit too entitled though and seemingly unable to handle defeat with any kind of grace or humility. It’s probably just the nature of social media. People tend to be more extreme now in their views and sometimes lose perspective. We’re either absolutely brilliant when we win, or absolutely shit when we lose. There’s no middle ground.
That’s what the anonymity of social media platforms brings, most of the people would never shout out the shit they post at a game.

Its also what basically a fan forum is for, to get the frustrations relsted to your club of your chest and discuss it with those that agrees or disagrees.

Im one of those this thread is made for, I accept that but I also expect those overly annoyed at me to use the ignore function.

This "dont criticise your own" stuff must die, its a fan forum

The op said he welcomes criticism.

What gets me is we slag off the likes of Arsenal TV or whatever you call it, we laugh at united and Liverpool fans for their sense of entitlement but some of our own are every bit as bad as them.

Criticism is a good thing, slagging off the team/manager/individual players is self defeating.

The op said he welcomes criticism.

What gets me is we slag off the likes of Arsenal TV or whatever you call it, we laugh at united and Liverpool fans for their sense of entitlement but some of our own are every bit as bad as them.

Criticism is a good thing, slagging off the team/manager/individual players is self defeating.
I did indeed say I don't mind criticism of the team/players. I'll criticise as much as the next person. And a few of them deserved it last night. But if you look at my opening post, I said "constructive" criticism. There was quite a bit in the match thread that was bizarre, bordering on vitriolic. I think, for the sake of my blood pressure, I might give the match threads a Merlin-style swerve from now on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.