January signing

First and foremost we need to go back to being difficult to beat and that starts with having a solid defence. Zinchenko might be able to paper over the cracks at left back as he has done the last couple of years, but a quality centre back is needed.

Pep said we aren't making any signings and there doesn't appear to be any concrete rumours so not convinced it will happen, but I'd be more optimistic for our hopes in the cup competitions if we did bring in defensive reinforcements.

Last edited:
First and foremost we need to go back to being difficult to beat and that starts with havinh a solid defence. Zinchenko might be able to paper over the cracks at left back as he has done the last couple of years, but a quality centre back is needed.

Pep said we aren't making any signings and there doesn't appear to be any concrete rumours so not convinced it will happen, but I'd be more optimistic for our hopes in the cup competitions if we did bring in defensive reinforcements.
We have one, Laporte I agree we need a partner for him as Stones doesn't look like he's going to be the one., and Otamendi will go. Won't be January though.

We have one, Laporte I agree we need a partner for him as Stones doesn't look like he's going to be the one., and Otamendi will go. Won't be January though.

Absolutely, going to be great to have Laporte back. Given how long he's been out understandably it might take him a while to get back to his best. Unfortunately Stones and Otamendi failed to step up in his absence. Hopefully of them can somehow find some form and build a decent partnership with Laporte until the end of the season as it doesn't look like we'll be making any signings.

RB(rumors that Cancelo is unhappy)
CB (maybe two)
LB
LW (Sane replacement)
CF (Lautaro?)

Cancelo will adapt. I doubt we are signing another RB anytime soon.

My guess:

CB
LB
DM/CM (Someone who can play both the Rodri/Gundogan and Silva/KDB role)
LW (Sane Replacement)
CF

My guess:

CB
LB
LW (Sane Replacement)
CF
Cancelo will disappear, not good enough, not brave enough and not enough bollocks

My guess:

CB
LB
LW (Sane Replacement)
CF
You're looking at the summer for that business.
I'd look for 2 CBs to be honest - but Stones will have to be moved on, just not worked out for either party.
I'd like Garcia to get a few games to see if he can step up too
LB again we'll have to move players on for that to happen
DM/CM - I think we're well stocked to be honest, unless a worldie suddenly becomes available
LW/CF - yeah we'll need both if Sane departs

The way we do business these days I don't see more than 3/4 arrivals even in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.