Garry Cook interview in The Athletic

What a great managerial signing Mancini was. I felt he really got was it is to be a City fan. Mancini did have some faults, the tea lady thing for one really wasn't great but on the whole, what Mancini did for this club and to the reds was way above anything they across the road expected. The sick swan, the semi final defeat in the FA Cup, the standing up to Fergie pitchside (who dared to do that previously?) and to top it all the 93:20 scenario "never in my lifetime" rammed down his/their throat, was a precursor to the Guardiola years. Dare I mention, for us ladies, so easy on the eye;) So, for this signing alone, I thank Cook tremendously.

Agree with every word.

I loved Garry and i loved Mancini,would have both back in a heartbeat.
Agreed. Maybe that’s what’s missing from the club - love. In spite of how amazing last year was on the pitch it all felt a bit soulless somehow and like we weren’t really a part of it.
Mancini and Garry made us feel loved and appreciated in a way the current incumbents don’t and for me at least those times felt much more special.

I absolutely loved that interview. Seemed to be the right guy to have for that time. Mancini sounds hilarious and you had to laugh at him and his team drinking the wine sent back by Hughes. I bet that ain’t the first time that’s happened in the football world!
PS for those wondering if The Athletic is worth it, it definitely is!

£24 for a year sounds a fair price . I would like to subscribe, but I hate anything with 'auto-renew' subscriptions. It says you can unsubscribe at any time, but will this stop you accessing the site immediately?
If they are so confident in their product then they should make auto-renewal optional rather than obligatory, especially as the price jumps significantly after the first year.

£24 for a year sounds a fair price . I would like to subscribe, but I hate anything with 'auto-renew' subscriptions. It says you can unsubscribe at any time, but will this stop you accessing the site immediately?
If they are so confident in their product then they should make auto-renewal optional rather than obligatory, especially as the price jumps significantly after the first year.

You can get the hate fuelled Daily Mail 7 days a week for a year for just over £400 !

198 points in 2 seasons, with one of them being a domestic treble, and there are people on here who still can't get over Mancini's sacking.

Reactions: nmc
Agreed. Maybe that’s what’s missing from the club - love. In spite of how amazing last year was on the pitch it all felt a bit soulless somehow and like we weren’t really a part of it.
Mancini and Garry made us feel loved and appreciated in a way the current incumbents don’t and for me at least those times felt much more special.

This is a post that you'd find on RAWK... "forget the titles, I just want to feel in love with the club."

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.