Wolves - post match

Switched off as soon as that sham of a red card was given and don't regret it. Just when you think the officials have plumbed the lowest depths they find a new level, fuck the lot of 'em

I also switched off partly because I thought it shouldn’t have been a red, that Wolves player totally dived, and partly because I thought here we go again, the officials have their brown envelopes!!

I thought of this yesterday , but was too pissed off to comment

This morning, I met with my brother and I said to him this challenge was a barge in the back of Mendy and why did not one City player make more of it to Atkinson? Our Chris replied "Because, we haven't got any leaders." He right, not one player put doubt in Atkinson's mind about that challenge. The fact that Mendy should have hammered it away is another matter.
I'm afraid, this season is City of old, a season of bad decisions, from management to players. But, come on, still in the cups, can finish 2nd and let's have a cracking run in. Let's not get like those across the road, with the "not the united way" rubbish when things aren't going there way, as there is no such thing. We've had two great seasons, so life isn't so bad:)

To add to that, far too many late kick-offs for me. We are not in charge of our own destiny any more. The TV companies are now running the show since the Premier League sold out to them. Who wants to go to a match at 6 o'clock on a Saturday night, of which we've had a few lately. Who wants to be making their way home at 8 o'clock on a Saturday night. No wonder the fans are getting restless. We're undecided as to whether we'll renew our tickets for next season. All clubs need to tell Sky/BT/ Amazon et al that the clubs and fans need to be considered first and foremost. Not corporate greed. But I don't think that is ever going to happen.
I prefer later kick offs mate. Think they’re miles better.

I'm not a fan who hangs our players out to dry. Even when Bravo was having a bad time in his first season & people were booing & sarcastically cheering when he caught the ball I thought it was a disgrace & told the people sat around me exactly that.
However how can a 50m player not know the basics of defending?! I thought for a while Mendy is not good enough. I don't care if he is good going forward - I want him to do his job & defend. He pisses about & then smiles when he has messed up ffs. He us city's version of pogba- great ar social media but far from it on the field.
How hard is it to hoof a ball upfield ffs?!
I was so angry watching him & other players making basic errors. No excuse for that.
Everyone makes mistakes I accept that but that by Mendy is unforgivable & cost us the pts. He clears it & we at least see the game out & get a draw.
Like I say I have never turned on a City player but I'm done with Mendy. That was the final straw last night. I never want to see him play for us again. He us nowhere near good enough & his smiling balloon attitude stinks tbh. I know I will get pelted for this but not arsed because in certain I'm right tbh.

Totally agree but we spent 52 million on Mendy. All people will remember him for in several years sadly is his internet shenanigans.
Simply not good enough and was awful again last night.
The left back spot has been for years a problem for us.

Totally agree but we spent 52 million on Mendy. All people will remember him for in several years sadly is his internet shenanigans.
Simply not good enough and was awful again last night.
The left back spot has been for years a problem for us.
Been saying it since day one with Mendy and got hassle for it....defensive liability with zero spine and commitment. Cannt defend at all and it's been so easily apparent from day one...people made excuses with the injuries but even prior to this it was so easy to see....his first injury for us was caused by him giving the ball away on a dangerous position and trying to recover and getting it horribly wrong ...

Mendy may come across as a nice guy to have a laugh and a joke with, but as a defender (what he is paid handsomely to do), he is bloody useless. Sterling has been very poor since the scuffle with Gomez and needs to be rested... He can't dribble past anyone lately, loses the ball and just gives up. Bernardo may not be hitting the heights of last season, but he's a trier who doesn't give up.
I agree with the majority that Ferna needs to be played in his DM position. Mahrez has scored a few good goals but overall, he is bloody useless and doesn't fit in our team.
Pep has done a great job for us and hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. He has built a team that cost millions and if some of the players make basic mistakes, is that Pep's fault? Of course it isn't ..
We all know the league has gone, but, like others on here, I can see us doing well in the cups....

To my shame got too drunk to remember game. So didn’t have a clue about the score when I woke up. Imagine my joy when I clocked what happened with a very thick head. I’ll hand in my resignation letter today.

For City fans everywhere who are suffering, like me, and trying to get over that gutted feeling from last night. About an hour ago, just as I thought that the world was ending, based on reading the doomsday comments of fellow BMooners, I picked up a book of poems by Wordsworth and Keats. I have now been transported to another world far away from the misery of Bluemoon. Go for it blues...just go to the library in your study upstairs and pick out your favourite book of poems. Then sit down in your comfy recliner and start reading with a glass of your favourite tipple beside you....I have a Glenmorangie!!!!.

One last thing folks. If bull**** was a form of energy I'd be a nuclear reactor!!!.

A mellow and fruitful post, br88.

Think not of us as moaning Bluemooners but as full grown lambs who bleat loud from hilly bourn.

Yup, that malt tastes good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.