Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had two poor games back to back. As have Leicester. Always thought he was a pedestrian player.

Never will I have to read a Chilwell transfer topic again.

2 games seems like a bit of a small sample size to pass judgement, don't you think?

Against us it was also the way we spaced the pitch with KDB's movement and Mahrez out VERY wide that left him out to dry against Mahrez over and over, which I believe MOTD demonstrated, and some questioned whether Rodgers should have adjusted other defenders to help cope with,

He's had two poor games back to back. As have Leicester. Always thought he was a pedestrian player.

Never will I have to read a Chilwell transfer topic again.
He’s Leicester’s weak link. Gives the ball away constantly. I think they might even sell him next season and buy a better player.

The fact that last season we were seriously interested him in means our scouting needs complete revamp. We would have signed yet another expensive player who gives the ball away.

Thrown under a bus by Rodgers in the last two games but he’s quite dreadful under pressure.
How was he thrown under a bus? Against us Ndidi was running full tilt over half the time to help him with Mahrez. And the few times we broke quickly and everyone had to defend one v one Mahrez darn near killed him. I'm sure Leicester concluded the real greatest danger was Kev so Leicester had to focus more on trying to stop him.

But Chillwell made that job harder by not being able to contain Mahrez by himself and needing help almost every time. Thus making the job if containing Kev even harder.

How was he thrown under a bus? Against us Ndidi was running full tilt over half the time to help him with Mahrez. And the few times we broke quickly and everyone had to defend one v one Mahrez darn near killed him. I'm sure Leicester concluded the real greatest danger was Kev so Leicester had to focus more on trying to stop him.

But Chillwell made that job harder by not being able to contain Mahrez by himself and needing help almost every time. Thus making the job if containing Kev even harder.

answered your own question.

If you’ve got a player running full tilt to go over and help a player multiple times then there’s probably a tactical positional issue.

had two players to mark and had little help from his left winger and his CB/DM and despite several obvious scares it wasn’t changed. As I said, thrown under a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.