Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of trying to make me out as some sort of idiot just answer the question. It's hardly difficult.

And stop assuming I'm trying to catch you out. You said he was rubbish and I just want to know how rubbish that is.

He’s not good enough to play for City.

I’m not sure he suits the English game.

He’s obviously got more talent than any Championship defender and probably some left backs in the PL, so if you really want an answer that isn’t really an answer, he’s PL level just a poor one.

A slower paced league like Italy, would suit him more.

He’s unfortunate that he’s lost physicality since the injuries but he’s fucking brain dead anyway, regardless of that.

He’s not good enough to play for City.

I’m not sure he suits the English game.

He’s obviously got more talent than any Championship defender and probably some left backs in the PL, so if you really want an answer that isn’t really an answer, he’s PL level just a poor one.

A slower paced league like Italy, would suit him more.

He’s unfortunate that he’s lost physicality since the injuries but he’s fucking brain dead anyway, regardless of that.
Thank you for answering my question. I'll leave you be now.

Lot of over reaction on here. before his error he was having a very good game. The daily mirror actually gave him 8 out of 10. And yes he should have just launched it instead of shepherding the ball out but seeing it over & over again this morning on sky it was a blatant shove in the back. Not shoulder to shoulder. If Traore had done the same thing in his own penalty area whilst defending a set piece it would have been a penalty to the opposition 100 %.

At this point we don't have a choice but to wait until end of the season to make a decision, I will double down and play him more to have the best assessment on his situation by then. He had a good game until that mistake even though I also think he was fouled.

Lot of over reaction on here. before his error he was having a very good game. The daily mirror actually gave him 8 out of 10. And yes he should have just launched it instead of shepherding the ball out but seeing it over & over again this morning on sky it was a blatant shove in the back. Not shoulder to shoulder. If Traore had done the same thing in his own penalty area whilst defending a set piece it would have been a penalty to the opposition 100 %.
Traore did exactly the same thing near the halfway line just after that goal and was penalised for it. It seems the referee can't even apply consistency to different areas of the pitch, let alone the teams.

I'm not a fan who hangs our players out to dry.
Even when Bravo was having a bad time in his first season. Some fans were booing & sarcastically cheering when he caught the ball. I thought it was a disgrace.I told the people sat around me exactly that.
However how can a 50m player not know the basics of defending?! I have thought for a while Mendy is not good enough. I don't care if he is good going forward - I want him to do his job & defend. He pisses about & then smiles when he has messed up ffs. He is city's version of pogba- great at social media but far from it on the field. How hard is it to hoof a ball upfield ffs?! I was so angry watching him & other players making basic errors. No excuse for that.
Everyone makes mistakes I accept that but that by Mendy is unforgivable & cost us the pts. He clears it & we at least see the game out & get a draw.
Like I say I have never turned on a City player but I'm done with Mendy. That was the final straw last night. I never want to see him play for us again. He is nowhere near good enough & his smiling balloon attitude stinks tbh. I know I will get pelted for this but I'm not arsed because in certain I'm right tbh.

Except that's bullshit, I've already made plenty of criticisms about last night, I just managed to do it without calling the players c*nts, without abandoning all reason and pretending they've not been playing well before, and without declaring they are shit, always will be and need to "fuck off".

Because what I'm actually doing is talking about the football and performances, and not using the loss as an excuse to take out all my personal frustrations by abusing the players and losing all perspective.

No it's not, it's very clear in the rules that you aren't allowed to run up and shove people in the back.

Yes, I can choose to blame a player for getting fouled or the referee for not doing his job.

And did Mendy cost us the game?

Because the game I watched, Ederson got sent off after 10 minutes leaving us high and dry, Walker and Sterling fucked up massively for the first goal and Fernandinho and Otamendi got completely embarrassed by the 3rd goal.

Mendy is only to as much to blame for the result as they are.

Last 2 games he has been good. It was an isolated incident and a blatant foul. What the future holds I don't know but the main problem we have is the loss of Kompany and Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.