Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Net spend is the wankest, weakest, sad use of an excuse to pretend your club hasn't heqvily spent to secure silverware.

A good squad stays together for years and so most players value drops as they end their careers.

If this scouse squad do become regular trophy winners each season it will be kept together and unlike seasons before they won't flog off assets, mainly as they asked to leave to win trophies, net spend will become something of the trophyless years.

All that counts is the scousers were falling short each year so spunked loads of money on a goalie, probably the best centreback in europe at the momment after the previous 2/3 years spending over 90M on a forward 3 and 40M and 48M on new midfielders

Selling on courtinho masks that they have spunked loads of money on this trophy winning team and I have no idea why scousers cannot be honest about it.

You have to do it to compete and I am fine if we spend a shitload in the summer to address our problems if we can balance it on the books, the wierdos need to stop lying to themselves like their team is some team build.on a pittance.

As for January I do think knee jerk CB signing would be a mistake, if laporte returns to boost us I think we can wait and buy right rather than buy quick and regret it as previously.

Blood the lads in league games now and concentrate on the cups.

Last edited:
Youd be embarrassing yourself with that. We bought Mendy for 50 million, Walker for 50 million, Cancelo for 30 million plus Danilo which would account to 60 million in total. They got Robertson as a swap deal with hull by selling them one of their youth player. This is a small example, I'm not even going to other positions yet. VVD and allison was bought after coutinho was sold. I don't know man, you just have to give it to them, they have made some shrewd business deals.
Robertson turned out to be a good buy for them. Are VVD and Alison better than Laporte and Ederson, no they aren’t. If VVD was injured and Laporte not would they be top, don’t think they would.

Youd be embarrassing yourself with that. We bought Mendy for 50 million, Walker for 50 million, Cancelo for 30 million plus Danilo which would account to 60 million in total. They got Robertson as a swap deal with hull by selling them one of their youth player. This is a small example, I'm not even going to other positions yet. VVD and allison was bought after coutinho was sold. I don't know man, you just have to give it to them, they have made some shrewd business deals.

Mendy hasn't gotten to the same level that he started his City career with. He just hasn't been the same after a lot of injuries. Cancelo was also an odd transfer but it was an upgrade from Danilo.

I agree with your point in general. The board will look at Liverpool and think the same. It isnt about spending on just about anyone. They will need to make sure that they make smart signings, which fit in with the way the team likes to play.

Things will be fine. The core of the squad is world class. A few minor adjustments and the team will be back on top.

Net spend is the wankest, weakest, sad use of an excuse to pretend your club hasn't heqvily spent to secure silverware.

A good squad stays together for years and so most players value drops as they end their careers.

If this scouse squad do become regular trophy winners each season it will be kept together and unlike seasons before they won't flog off assets, mainly as they asked to leave to win trophies, net spend will become something of the trophyless years.

All that counts is the scousers were falling short each year so spunked loads of money on a goalie, probably the best centreback in europe at the momment after the previous 2/3 years spending over 90M on a forward 3 and 40M and 48M on new midfielders

Selling on courtinho masks that they have spunked loads of money on this trophy winning team and I have no idea why scousers cannot be honest about it.

You have to do it to compete and I am fine if we spend a shitload in the summer to address our problems if we can balance it on the books, the wierdos need to stop lying to themselves like their team is some team build.on a pittance.

As for January I do think knee jerk CB signing would be a mistake, if laporte returns to boost us I think we can wait and buy right rather than buy quick and regret it as previously.

Blood the lads in league games now and concentrate on the cups.

You forgot Kieta and Fabinho hardly free signings were they? Leave the net spend trophy to the dippers, being the king of that means you sell your best players and can’t hold onto them. Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho all knew there were better opportunities out there. Do you think Salah and Mane will stay put if Madrid or Barcelona start sniffing round them?

Huge transfer window in the summer if they spend big it’s and indication that Pep stays and wants to build again. If he doesn’t get the resources we can assume he’s off at the end of next season and the money is their for who ever the incoming manager is.

You forgot Kieta and Fabinho hardly free signings were they? Leave the net spend trophy to the dippers, being the king of that means you sell your best players and can’t hold onto them. Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho all knew there were better opportunities out there. Do you think Salah and Mane will stay put if Madrid or Barcelona start sniffing round them?

Huge transfer window in the summer if they spend big it’s and indication that Pep stays and wants to build again. If he doesn’t get the resources we can assume he’s off at the end of next season and the money is their for who ever the incoming manager is.

I think that Barcelona and Madrid don't have the same allure that they used to. City and Liverpool have superceded both at the top on the pitch. I'm not sure commercial appeal or prestige matter that much when the current top 2 in England are leaps and bounds ahead of them.

If Madrid came for De Bryune, I don't think he'd go. If they came for Mane or Salah, I also don't think they'd go at this point. Why would any Liverpool player leave the current team if they're at that level?

I remember plenty of opposition fans talking about Madrid poaching City's top players after the 2018 season. Nobody voluntarily left because I dont think any footballer who is getting game time ag the top club in the nation would want to leave.

Er 40M and 48M On new midfielders kinda covered that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.