Premier League Games 28/29 Dec

press the panic bottom united are only 7 YES SEVEN points behind us

It is crazy how they have slowly crept up the table almost unnoticed. I guess the wankfest for the dippers has helped. We need to stop dropping points and maintain our superiority.

10 with our win later today.

If 10 points is an insurmountable gap to most blues then it should work both ways.

Only one side finishing 2nd in the league this year and its us.

Nailed on.

williams.jpg

10 with our win later today.

If 10 points is an insurmountable gap to most blues then it should work both ways.

Only one side finishing 2nd in the league this year and its us.

Nailed on.

Yes, 2nd. That's what the team strives for.

I didnt say that did I?

Do you live in some fantasy world in which we win the league every season and never lose a game?

I dont.

2nd will be a great season, just ask the 18 sides that will be sat below.

You're right but I would compare our situation to the rest of the 18. Liverpool and City are clearly heads and shoulders above everyone else and while everyone else is competing for 3rd place and would be happy with it, I'd say that theres a competition between the top 2 and coming second is obviously frustrating. But you cant win every season, as you said.

I didnt say that did I?

Do you live in some fantasy world in which we win the league every season and never lose a game?

I dont.

2nd will be a great season, just ask the 18 sides that will be sat below.
It’s a great season for Leicester. Or for Spurs. Or for Chelsea. For City, it can not be called a “great” season to be 14 points behind the leader after having played a game more, before the turn of the new year. It’s only a great season if you haven’t noticed the changes our club has gone through over the last 11 years. Just as Barca finishing 2nd and light years off the top would never be considered great, or for Real Madrid, or Bayern, it’s not great for us either.

That doesn’t mean we have to win the league every year - it’s not possible. But there’s quite a leap from accepting we can’t win every title to thinking this season is “great”. It just isn’t. Not for this version of City, with this manager.

Last edited:
It’s a great season for Leicester. Or for Spurs. Or for Chelsea. For City, it can not be called a “great” season to be 14 points behind the leader after having played a game more, before the turn of the new year. It’s only a great season if you haven’t noticed the changes our club has gone through over the last 11 years. Just as Barca finishing 2nd and light years off the top would never be considered great, or for Real Madrid, or Bayern, it’s not great for us either.

That doesn’t mean we have to win the league every year - it’s not possible. But there’s quite a leap from accepting we can’t win every title to thinking this season is “great”. It just isn’t. Not for this version of City, with this manager.

You judge a season when it ends, not in December.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.