Jill Scott M.B.E. - statue unveiled (P3)

What a mean spirited twunt you sound by that comment about the recognition of one of our own. I think you are confusing some of the political awards of Knighthoods with these sort of gongs to recognise exceptional contributions by sports people, volunteers and folk who work in their communities or professions.
What’s a twunt?
This is not a dig at her the honours system is a disgrace from top to bottom, as you rightly say the award of knighthoods, then there’s the top civil servants automatically given honours just for doing their job. We gave the England cricket team awards for winning the ashes FFS I note that Jill’s award is for “services to football”

What a mean spirited twunt you sound by that comment about the recognition of one of our own. I think you are confusing some of the political awards of Knighthoods with these sort of gongs to recognise exceptional contributions by sports people, volunteers and folk who work in their communities or professions.

post of the day

Jill is a modern day legend of the women’s game.Shes the WSL appearance record holder IIRCand featured in the latter stages of World Cups and European Chamionships.

They do a bit more than their job by waiting to have the their photo taken and sign autographs for all the fans who want them after each home game. Last week they were visiting children and families in local hospitals.

Fair enough that some people disagree with the Honours System as a whole but Jill deserved her award according to how the system works.

Does this honour prevent the bbc from mentioning her services to Everton and Manchester City or is it just for England.
Cynical me!

Agreed. Except the the difference between the Goldsmith and Morgan " elevation" to the H of L and these type of gongs is that they were politically motivated so they could still be in the cabinet despite the fact Goldsmith had lost his constituency election and Morgan didn't stand for re-election -- oh and they get paid for for being in the H of L !
( and as for IDS - Well words fail me!)
You sound as if you are politically motivated. If I am correct I bet you are currently hurting (metaphorically speaking) quite badly.
Anyway well done Jill, well deserved

You sound as if you are politically motivated. If I am correct I bet you are currently hurting (metaphorically speaking) quite badly.
Anyway well done Jill, well deserved
Mate, the politics thread is down six and then to the right.
I started this thread as I was surprised we had nothing on Blue Moon to celebrate this recognition of our club Captain ( women).
Subsequently some mean spirited cockwombles have tried to detract from her achievements by voicing their contempt for the system of awards. I have merely tried to point out the differences between this type of award, and the politically motivated ones to whom other posters have drawn attention e.g Zac G IDS etc. Congratulations again Jill. Proud you are a leader of our City family !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.