Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re talking bullshit yourself. We pissed around trying get value for mangala for years, couldn’t find a spot for Nico, knew Kompany was leaving, knew Stones was a sick note, knew otamendi was nearly washed, nearly signed Jonny Evans and still didn’t sign anyone. So miss me with your sniped comment while ignoring the totality of the problem.

We fuck around trying to get perfect value all the time and it ruined our season.

Completely avoided everything in my comment to just throw out random bullshit about Mangala. Not surprising.

Completely avoided everything in my comment to just throw out random bullshit about Mangala. Not surprising.

I avoided it because I was flabbergasted that out of all the things to snipe me on you chose a snide quote on some small random side thought that I added at the very end before I posted the post. Literally the very least substance to the entirety of every post I made on the subject.

You're an excellent sniper Dom. I'll give you that.

Still like you though pal :-)

Simeone won La Liga and led the team to 2 CL finals which he was very close to winning. There is more to greatness than the number of CL finals.

Liverpool haven't had one great performance in a final so far, beauty and style matter. Compared to Pep's Barca they are just a highly functional team, not a team for the ages. Pep isn't willing to sacrifice style. It's both his strength and weakness.

Good spot to end the discussion. Well said.

Credit to Pep for fixing the lack of width at halftime and moving to three at back. We weren’t great in the second half but we were much better than before the break

Yeah, it allowed us to get more people central and we caused them far more problems than in the 1st half. Think it could have worked even better if our full backs were any use.

Pep Guardiola is the quickest manager to reach 100 Premier League wins.

Guardiola - 134 Games
Mourinho - 142 Games
Klopp - 159 Games
Ferguson - 162 Games
Wenger - 179 Games

It's called getting your excuses in early.

In any other walk of life, if your boss talked you down in public, constantly said you weren't good enough to get to the top of your field, constantly said your competitors were bigger and stronger than your company, and to top it off constantly insulted your customers he or she would be dismissed.

If any other city manager of the last 40 years had done so he would be chased out of town by us the fans, never mind the board.

If pep had spoken like this so consistently about Bayern or barca he would have been dismissed.

If City continue to take this sort of insult lying down it will become a self fulfilling prophecy, as it has done so already.

He took over a team that was old and stale but had just been managed to a semi final and lavished hundreds of millions on new players. He has been given every conceivable advantage. His wish is the clubs command. And yet he has undoubtedly taken us backwards in Europe. We have done very well indeed in the league and domestic cups which will - correctly - buy him time but, honestly, I think the club should warn him about these comments and if they happen again he should be dismissed.

I'm tired of seeing my club being managed by a man that quite obviously, and publicly, wants the world to know he thinks he is doing it a favour by agreeing to manage them.

Once more and he should be sacked. Very publicly. Some things are more important that domestic trophies. Self respect is one of them. This man does not respect this club.
lol

Pep needs to read Brian Clough autobiography, and watch his press interviews, Pep would learn a thing or two.

I know its a different era, but the way Cloughie spoke to the press and gave his players energy to achieve the impossible, brings tears to my eyes, it really does.

The league has gone, it went ages ago, but Pep needs to have that positivity in his voice again, maybe he will if we beat RM.
Mancini isn’t coming back, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.