Father son & daughter tragedy

I’m on the Costa del sol now and the weather is very pleasant.
I spend a lot of time over here and would say that a non heated pool is pretty much unusable between October and April.

Awful tragedy but no kid of mine would be anywhere near that pool in the middle of December.

I was a lifeguard for several years and the last thing you ever do in an emergency is get directly in the pool next to the drowning person, nobody knows what happened here but sometimes panic leads to disastrous ends. There was an incident a year or two back in a local reservoir where some pranking around lead to four people drowning, one person fell in, and then like lemmings they all went in instead of offering an oar or other help

Yep if I was witnessing 3 people drown I wouldn't jump in the panic will just mean you die too, much safer for everyone if you find an oar

I have an indoor pool at home. They basically work on the principle that the water is drawn through the bottom and put through a filtration system, then a heater and then the water is released back in to the pool by a series of pipe jets in the pool walls. There is no way the pump would be powerful enough to suck 3 humans underwater. We have to have a separate pump for the jacuzzi section of the pool.You would know some thing was wrong if the pump was sucking in the water too quickly in the main pool as it would return to the pool too quickly causing a jacuzzi effect. So unlikely to be this as a pump with that capability would never be installed. What you have to watch for is kids mainly with long hair swimming down to the bottom and playing with the drain hole. In our case it’s in 6ft of water. All pools should have a guard over the filter to prevent the hair being sucked in. This may have happened to the girl if no guard was fitted. Best if kids with long hair wear a bathing cap as extra protection against this. If the lad dived in to the shallow end to save his sister he could have then hit his head on the bottom knocked himself out and drowned. Father would have had to do the same, highly unlikely. Never dive in to a pool until you have already tested the depth. So the only other explanation I can come up with is the pool lights short circuited and electrocuted them . I think it took place late afternoon so the lights may well have been on. That is the only plausible reason I can think of but again unlikely as circuit breakers should be fitted. Whether we will ever know the real reason is another matter.

Has there been an autopsy on them yet?
That would be a big clue on what happened, possibilities are drowned, electrocuted, banged heads, drunk, drugged up or poisoned with dodgy food.
We would be a step further to what went on after the autopsy.

Has there been an autopsy on them yet?
That would be a big clue on what happened, possibilities are drowned, electrocuted, banged heads, drunk, drugged up or poisoned with dodgy food.
We would be a step further to what went on after the autopsy.

Could an autopsy done in Spain be trusted?

It was just on sky news, the mother speaks out (although it didn’t show her). She says they could ALL swim. She says the girl was “sucked” into the centre of the pool, then the brother, then the dad. Then they were all “sucked” underwater. She ran off to get help. When she returned they were all dead.
Wow that is terrifiying

A tendency to graduate toward the centre and can take less than a minute to drown if you're a weak to non swimmer. I was unfortunate enough to watch a you-tube clip of three young Indian lads who had left their camera running and subsequently drowned at a water hole in gangapur rajistan and was evident to see the effect that panic induced with it's disabling effect on rational or survival. If your a non swimmer and reading in then try to take a deep breath and lean back and allow your lungs to afford levels of buoyancy but I guess that's easier said than done as they may know how to float but don’t think about survival floating when panic sets in. A terrible tragedy indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.