#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why the hell he did join us if he doesn't want to be at City? To be fair his performance at Zagreb showed that he couldn't be less arsed. Got Boateng vibes about him

Can't defend one on one so not a great player for a back 4. We should stick to the setup from second half vs SU and give him a try at wing back, got composure and can use the ball better than Walker. Rotate Walker with Fernandinho as the right centre back.

He's suffering from the same problem that Danilo had.

That problem is that he's behind Walker. Walker isn't by any stretch a conventionally phenomenal fullback, but he's absolutely rapid and that makes him undroppable. That may seem inconceivable, but that pace and power is as difficult to replace as anything in top level footballers. I am confident that's why Pep kept playing Walker last year even when he hit a form bump.

I fully believe that's why Sterling's being played into the ground too. That pace is important.

Think he's just a victim of his surroundings, really. Defending isn't his strength and we obviously bought him with a more attacking system in mind, but the injuries and instability in the back this season have meant we've not gotten the chance to bed him in. Walker's defending and pace is just too valuable to lose given the situation we're in.

Think he's just a victim of his surroundings, really. Defending isn't his strength and we obviously bought him with a more attacking system in mind, but the injuries and instability in the back this season have meant we've not gotten the chance to bed him in. Walker's defending and pace is just too valuable to lose given the situation we're in.
I think had he arrived last year when the team was more stable we'd have seen a lot more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.